• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

May 9, 2020 Southern Chittenden County, Vermont

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
We got an inch and a half or so at my place, which is at 1000 feet in elevation. It’s rare to have this much accumulation in May in Vermont, but not unheard of. Dr Pugs grew up half an hour away and has experienced snow in June.

Not one to waste an opportunity to have fun on a snowy, sunny day, I booted up and headed out to the front yard. Regretted that I didn’t get the bindings BP88s I bought from @NewEnglandSkier adjusted to my boots, but ultimately not a big deal.

The front yard has all of maybe 25 feet elevation drop if you make the long run out. I’m not used to skiing fast grass so I did not successfully make the entire run either time. Yes, I took one run consisting of a turn and a fall, then hiked up and took a second run consisting of a turn, turn, glide and a fall.

All in all not the best skiing I’ve done in May, but the best skiing I’ve done in May at home! :ski3::yardsale:
A2387060-1551-46F5-B45E-01C7F764A335.jpeg
Picture of my tracks and the snow with a special guest appearance by Spencer, my golden retriever.
6AABF075-6FFF-4936-B2BF-6FA026CBAA9A.jpeg

What the heck? Lol. I’m going to top up the chemicals in the hot tub and recreate the Nordic spa experience at home.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I love this. Every time you post pics of your place it looks better and better! That pool is gorgeous.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I love this. Every time you post pics of your place it looks better and better! That pool is gorgeous.
I am inordinately proud of my home and thrilled to live here. I would love to invite Ski Divas to stay whenever possible. It’s not possible this summer, of course, and I realize you’re in Colorado, but maybe another summer we can do a Diva summer hiking meetup with drinks and pool at my house afterwards.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I am inordinately proud of my home and thrilled to live here. I would love to invite Ski Divas to stay whenever possible. It’s not possible this summer, of course, and I realize you’re in Colorado, but maybe another summer we can do a Diva summer hiking meetup with drinks and pool at my house afterwards.

That would be fun!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The pool isn’t heated! :brr:

skip that for today! It looks great though!

I live in a condo so I don’t have a pool. It’s a very small complex and we don’t have a pool. Which is probably good because right now I’d be wanting to use one for exercise. So I’ve eliminated that issue in my mind! Not that my mind doesn’t have a few issues these days! :rolleyes:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Looks pretty much the same here in Windsor County, Vermont. We got about an inch, too, and it's still snowing. I don't expect it to stay around for long.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Time for some yard turns! Or not. Yes, the snow has already slid off all our solar panels. It’ll be gone by Monday at latest.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Someone near Bretton Woods is reporting 8 inches! Here in central MA we only got some flurries, nothing stuck. Was hoping for some more yard turns myself! Lol

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
very nice! Will you get a chance to play in the snow?
Probably not, as we are in the midst of a painting project. Very wet, heavy stuff (the snow, not the paint). High winds moving in now, we have wind advisory for gusts of up to 50mph. There goes the power....:rolleyes:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Probably not, as we are in the midst of a painting project. Very wet, heavy stuff (the snow, not the paint). High winds moving in now, we have wind advisory for gusts of up to 50mph. There goes the power....:rolleyes:

Booooo. Is your power back on? Are you guys doing ok? Weather in New England... hate it? Just wait a minute!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Booooo. Is your power back on? Are you guys doing ok? Weather in New England... hate it? Just wait a minute!
It "blipped." Didn't go completely out. Phew. We do have a generator, though. Kind of a PITA to get all set up, but it means we can survive here when/if necessary.
Carrabassett Valley (Sugarloaf) apparently got almost 10" out of this storm. <sigh>

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
It "blipped." Didn't go completely out. Phew. We do have a generator, though. Kind of a PITA to get all set up, but it means we can survive here when/if necessary.
Carrabassett Valley (Sugarloaf) apparently got almost 10" out of this storm. <sigh>

We get outages pretty often where we are. We had a Tesla Powerwall installed almost as soon as we could when we moved in. It’s been really great to have - totally seamless for every little 7 minute power outage and we’ve been the only family for miles around with power in hour long outages which has been so comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965