• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Massanutten 2019-20

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my heart is aching. As much as I love my western mountain experiences, I hate missing a banner weekend at my humble home hill.

marzNC

Angel Diva
my heart is aching. As much as I love my western mountain experiences, I hate missing a banner weekend at my humble home hill.
It was indeed a banner weekend! Skiing under the lights and dry snow coming from the stick guns on Paradice on Sat early evening was great fun. Fresh tracks are fresh tracks, regardless of where the snow is coming from. I played on the low bumps that were on skier's left just below the end of the top flat section. Those were even more fun on Sun morning with blue skies and no snow guns on.

Sunday morning it was 29 degrees when I pulled into the parking lot around 8:30am. So the snow guns were all off by the time the lifts opened at 9:00. It was close to 50 by 1:30 when I went out after lunch. Lucked out and got to do a little free skiing with one of the instructors I've had lessons with in recent years. Showtime was great from top to bottom.

Had a couple friends drive in from DC on Sat. I had extra beds in my timeshare condo. So they got to appreciate Mnut with Paradice and Upper Showtime open with good snow and very few people. I think they'll be back next season. :-)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wild range of temps for February 2020. What made the snowsports management happy was that it generally rained on Wednesdays, not Fridays or on the weekends. Just enough snowmaking temps before Pres. Day weekend to save the day. The Snow Moon Fest is March 6-8 and with the snow that was made Feb. 27 thru March 1, all the trails open now should still be open.

Southern Comfort (long green) was deep on the main side and deliberately just a little covered near the fence under the lift.

On Sat, Feb. 29, the stick guns on Paradice were putting out dry snow all day long. The fan guns were on over on DJ. It was well worth skiing off Lift 6 after 4pm using my Spec Value Pass. My friend from DC had bought the Indy Pass during the $139 sale. So he used that for the weekend at Mnut. Should be able to get in another day or two at an Indy location next weekend as well.

Temperature history on the mountain. Under 30 degrees the snow guns were on for sure.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.22.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.22.10 AM.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna