• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Massachusetts skiing 2018-19 --Wachusett, Berkshire East, Jiminy Peak.... and more!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A Wachusett representative at the Boston Ski Show said that they are hoping to open even earlier than originally projected, maybe this coming weekend. The rain today surely isn't helping, but they have had their guns blowing for a few days now, and the temps look good to continue that from tomorrow onwards, including a few inches of natural snow in the forecast Thursday night. Yay!

For anyone looking to try out some new skis this season, Wachusett's MTNSide Demo center has a demo day on their calendar for Saturday December 8. Lift ticket and demos for only $29.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jiminy Peak is being careful about announcing an opening date. Snowmaking started last weekend. In 2017, Jiminy opened after 52 hours of snowmaking about the same time in November.

Jiminy Peak Operational Update 11/12/18
Snowmaking has begun! Team Snowmageddon fired up the system on Saturday night, November 10th and were able to go 'round the clock up high and top to bottom overnight through the early hours of Monday morning before shutting down due to rising temperatures and a temperature inversion (warmer at the top than at the base). Snowmaking will resume on Tuesday with top to bottom, 'round the clock temperatures in the forecast for Tuesday - Thursday. Check back for updates, photos and more as we work toward opening day for the 18/19 winter season!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jiminy Peak will be open this weekend Nov. 17-18! Not staying open midweek, but re-opening on Friday, Nov. 23.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.06.19 AM.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is opening this weekend with 5 trails- Ralph's, Upper and Lower Conifer, Indian Summer, and Ollie's. They are waiting to see how the snow holds up before deciding on if they will be open during the week.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett is opening this weekend with 5 trails- Ralph's, Upper and Lower Conifer, Indian Summer, and Ollie's. They are waiting to see how the snow holds up before deciding on if they will be open during the week.
If Wawa is open on Wed, my daughter is on vacation. Are the local public schools open or closed?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wawa has updated their schedule, and they will be open 10-8 on Mon-Weds. They will be closed on T-day and reopen on Friday at 9 AM. Still limited runs. Some minor changes to the map this year- the park will be on Frannies Folly and part of Hitchcock. Piece of Cake will not have park features, and they are naming the run under the lift that serves those runs (The Vickery Bowl Triple) Shenanigans.

So now the question is will I be able to kick this annoying cold and get there this week?

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@diymom - I was just about to post the schedule. Sorry to hear they are moving the terrain park again. It was nice last year when it was over at Piece of Cake and Frannie's Folly. I really like Hitchcock.
No skiing yet for me - my dive gear is battling it out w/ my ski gear in my office. Dive gear wins - we leave Friday for a week of diving.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm in Waltham tonight. But going to stay indoors on Tuesday with all the expected rain, and even potentially snow.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Clearly snowing at Wachusett this morning on the webcam. Hopefully the mountain got all snow and very little rain. The cold hasn't arrived in Boston yet, so just rain in Waltham at the moment.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jiminy Peak is going to be good fun for Thanksgiving weekend. From what I learned about Jiminy last winter, I bet there are quite a few families who have a tradition of driving to Jiminy first thing Friday morning. Note that Jiminy expects to have twice as much open terrain as last weekend, with early season rates.

Week of 11/19 - 11/25

Operational

• We will not operate Monday - Thursday as Team Snowmageddon focuses its efforts on making as much snow as possible. We will re-open on Friday, Nov 23rd, for Thanksgiving weekend!
  • Operating hours will be 9 am – 10 pm Friday; 8:30 am - 10 pm Saturday & 8:30 am - 4 pm Sunday.
  • We plan to double the amount of open terrain for Thanksgiving weekend!
  • Lift tickets will be $65 for adults, $58 for young adults/seniors, $51 for juniors and $39 for Twilight
  • The Mountain Coaster will operate 12 pm - 7 pm Friday & Saturday, 12 pm - 4 pm Sunday

Divegirl

Angel Diva
@marzNC - I just got a revised snow report for Wachusett - they are expecting up to 4" today. We're supposed to get some bitter cold over the next couple days so probably more snowmaking also.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Lots of blue on the snow prediction map for NOAA :becky:

Not the best timing for those who are starting their holiday driving today, but clearing out soon enough for those who are driving Wed instead of staying put for Thanksgiving Day. Glad I could make it to Boston before this storm. Had to arrive in time to pick up my daughter from prep school this afternoon.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.10.02 AM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Are you going to ski somewhere this weekend?

@marzNC Actually I have something planned everyday this weekend including TSO on Saturday which I'm really excted about but it did throw a wrench in ski plans.

BUT I am planning to head to Wachusett for a few hours tomorrow since I have a free early/late season ticket from Warren Miller. Wish they were opening at 9 instead of 10, as I can probably only stay until ~1 due to some other things I need to get done in the afternoon. With limited terrain that should work for easing the legs back into skiing though! Are you still planning on skiing there tomorrow?

@diymom feeling any better, wondering if you might be heading over as well?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Feeling better, and regretting having scheduled both the gutter cleaner and house cleaners for tomorrow. Sigh. I'm still shooting for Friday- get some runs in and buy a Cow card. Until Christmas you get a free early season ticket with each $100 Cow card, and on Friday you get a free hoodie too.

If you go tomorrow, please post about conditions.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Feeling better, and regretting having scheduled both the gutter cleaner and house cleaners for tomorrow. Sigh. I'm still shooting for Friday- get some runs in and buy a Cow card. Until Christmas you get a free early season ticket with each $100 Cow card, and on Friday you get a free hoodie too.

If you go tomorrow, please post about conditions.

I definitely will!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna