• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

March 13-14 Nor’easter- when and where is everyone going to get after it?

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I hope to get a few night skiing runs in Wed after work at Jiminy or West Mt. Then ski somewhere in NY or VT Fri/Sat/Sun. Will try to follow the best conditions.

What about the rest of you Divas?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I am up at Sunday River with the understanding we are getting a fraction of what southern NE is. All you eastern NY, southern VT/NH, western MA skiers - have at it!!!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
It’s Monday night and raining here. Temp is balmy 35… the forecast here is weather event until Wednesday with winds gusting to 40 mph and heavy wet snow expected, accumulations of 5-12 inches expected here. But at Stowe I see 4-6 inches predicted with winds up to 35 mph. I see Killington maybe up to 16 inches in the higher elevations and 40 mph winds.

HeatherPR

Certified Ski Diva
Sugarbush has received 6-8 inches so far. Not as epic as further south but it’s snow! I’m going to wait until Wednesday to ski. Hoping that the wet snow will be groomed and then a fresh sprinkling on top is just right for my beginner/intermediate self. I’m hearing the snow is super wet and heavy.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here in South Central Vermont, we've received about 6-8 inches of heavy, wet snow so far, with the prospect of another foot on the way. There are power outages all over the place, so I doubt I'll be going out today.

Look at the poor tree in my yard! It's crushed!

tempImageL1Qwvb.png

Jenny

Angel Diva
Sitting in the lodge at West Mountain, waiting for the lift delay to be over. DH says he brushed off about 5 inches from the vehicle.

With any luck at all we’ll make it to VT tonight, but we can always check back into our hotel if it seems too sketchy.

@ski diva - Your poor tree! Did the trunk split, too?

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Sitting in the lodge at West Mountain, waiting for the lift delay to be over. DH says he brushed off about 5 inches from the vehicle.

With any luck at all we’ll make it to VT tonight, but we can always check back into our hotel if it seems too sketchy.

Jenny- are you a capital district local? Or just visiting? I am in Albany.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

No, it's a multi-trunk tree. Half the branches are bent one way, half the other. So far we have about a foot of heavy wet snow; probably another 8 inches to come.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here in South Central Vermont, we've received about 6-8 inches of heavy, wet snow so far, with the prospect of another foot on the way. There are power outages all over the place, so I doubt I'll be going out today.

Look at the poor tree in my yard! It's crushed!

View attachment 20787
We needed a bucket loader to clear out our driveway for my place and the ski house next to us. The plow truck made no headway with the wet, heavy snow. If it’s any consolation, I talk to someone at the ski house who went up to the mountain, and said it was not worth going for him, at least.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Considering a day trip from Boston area to either NH or VT, on Weds or Thurs. Can't do Friday . . . working.
Not sure roads will be good enough to head out Weds AM, although @Jenny and @ilovepugs aiming for skiing MRG on Weds so that's an option.
I'm on Ikon, Loon is best prospect then Kton/Pico, but would consider paying for MRG or Bretton Woods (furthest, further) for their special terrain or Sunapee (least driving).
The drive would be more fun with a Diva on board.
PM me if interesting in riding together or meeting on the hill.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No, it's a multi-trunk tree. Half the branches are bent one way, half the other. So far we have about a foot of heavy wet snow; probably another 8 inches to come.
And don't you have to drive tomorrow for appointment?

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got more than expected in the Burlington area too- I think about 6 inches? Wet stuff but not as bad as @ski diva's poor tree. I'm hoping maybe it's a little less slushy at the peaks? According to the VPR forecast still getting more tonight.

As for me, busy work week so with any luck I'll be able to ski Friday night and/or the weekend.

@ski diva best of luck to Jon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly