• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mad River Valley - Sugarbush/Mad River Glen 21/22

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I guess it’s not too early to start a thread for the Mad River Valley resorts!

Who is skiing in the Mad River Valley this year? I know @liquidfeet will be!

I have a full pass to Mad River Glen and an IKON Base pass. I predominantly snowboard, so I’ll have to head to Sugarbush when I have the urge to ride. However, I’m hoping I’ll be able to spend most of my weekends on uncrowded slopes at MRG so I can progress substantially on skis. And, of course, it’ll be my destination on the IKON Base black out days.

I’ve honestly never skied at MRG so it’ll be an adventure! However, my husband skied there last winter and fell utterly in love. It’s the second-closest ski area to my house (25 minutes door to door… closest is Cochran’s clocking in at 18 minutes) so that is definitely a huge plus!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have the Ikon base pass, but unsure of I’ll be able to make it all the way up there this season. Will definitely keep in mind that you’ll be there if it were to work out though!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m actually really happy because I’m heading to Sunday River next weekend and hoping it’ll be close to peak. No idea though.. usually by the holiday weekend it’s past. I heard that the Rangeley area was just about peak this weekend and hope it’ll extend down by then.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I'm booked for a week at Sugarbush. Feb 27-Mar 4. I've never been there, so I'm pretty stoked.
have a great time Soujan! Those dates coincide with Diva West and I’ll be attending this year, but hopefully we can ski together another time! Let me know if you’d like some tips!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to meet up sometime at MRG- never skied it before and it's on my skiing bucket list! It's about 45 minutes from where we live now, my only excuse is that I have limited ski days and there's a lot of good skiing around here. (I love Sugarbush but I got to spend 3 days there last year so it is not as high priority. That said, if a meet up date works for me I'd love to go!)

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@jthree - I’ll throw up some dates on the forum once the season’s underway. Or we can always coordinate meeting up on a day that specifically works for you!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jthree - I’ll throw up some dates on the forum once the season’s underway. Or we can always coordinate meeting up on a day that specifically works for you!
I'd love that! I can probably only do Saturdays... I work Mon-Fri and will be doing the 6-week Smuggs Women's ski lessons on Sundays.

Also hoping to ski at least one Friday night lights at Cochran's if they start it up again this year...

Zard

Certified Ski Diva
I have an icon base, and a house in southern VT, so I will be doing mostly southern vt. I’m also planning a long weekend in ME to replace the one I didn’t get to do when everything shut down a year and half ago. But I will definitely be going at least to sugarbush for a weekend or two. The women’s clinic was my last ski day in 2019 and I discovered so many new trails I’m dying to find again!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I have an icon base, and a house in southern VT, so I will be doing mostly southern vt. I’m also planning a long weekend in ME to replace the one I didn’t get to do when everything shut down a year and half ago. But I will definitely be going at least to sugarbush for a weekend or two. The women’s clinic was my last ski day in 2019 and I discovered so many new trails I’m dying to find again!
Welcome @Zard! Let us know when you come up!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I think this thread should have current photos of fall foliage from the MRV.

I don’t think I’ll have time to run over to the valley during the week this week but here are the leaves popping in Delightful Valley:

7366E875-3AB9-4EF8-B33E-BE3F6F92ACC6.jpeg

MRV is just over the ridge line there.

MRG is doing chair lift rides this weekend and I’m hoping to have time to take a ride!!! Or just a hike. Either way the peak is finally on its way!

MissySki

Angel Diva

If you ski at Sunday River, there are several divas there regularly, including me. :smile:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I spammed the NE Leaf Peeping thread plenty so here’s an on-topic post of the view from the Single Chair at MRG today:
D897BE90-3556-4E12-A46F-57418DCA87D6.jpeg
It was cloudy and freezing but still offered very nice views.
204C28BD-F768-443E-9814-C40D9BAC5FA9.jpeg
Of course as soon as I got home the sun came out!

Lift rides were free for pass holders so Dr Pugs and I picked up our passes today. Excited for the season to start!!!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Leaves were looking pretty sweet behind the lodge on Saturday Count us in for some Mad River, Mount Ellen, and Lincoln Peak adventures this winter. We stayed at Smuggs last year, but are ready to branch out and do more resort tastings this year. We both love MRG, and I dug Mt. Ellen. Haven't had the pleasure of Lincoln peak yet!

Sweet_Leaves.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly