• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MA / NH skiing 2019-20

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mt Sunapee cancelled their Ladies Extravaganza Day.
Ken Jones has also cancelled their demo day at Waterville.

yes. I just got a call for me very pleasant woman who told me the news that I already knew from here, and said she had processed a refund. And remaining cheerful said she hope to see me next year!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sunapee also cancelled an event with Bode on March 20. Still have events planned for end of March or early April listed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 4.02.59 PM.jpg

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes. I just got a call for me very pleasant woman who told me the news that I already knew from here, and said she had processed a refund. And remaining cheerful said she hope to see me next year!
Must have been the same woman who called me. I cringed when I saw the call was from Sunapee and knew what she was going to say. Sigh. Next year.

newboots

Angel Diva
@diymom - Kiki! Come to Killington. Or Okemo. We don't take the gondola! or hang out in the lodge.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Though Wachusett has closed, they are still allowing uphill traffic. I messaged them today to ask. Just in case anyone else local was wondering. I still intend to skin in Maine as weather allows since I have my rental until early May, but this is a great option as well.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Though Wachusett has closed, they are still allowing uphill traffic. I messaged them today to ask. Just in case anyone else local was wondering. I still intend to skin in Maine as weather allows since I have my rental until early May, but this is a great option as well.

Meant to also say.. if anyone plans to skin and wants company (though I’m slow and would be at a social distancing appropriate level of course) let me know!

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Meant to also say.. if anyone plans to skin and wants company (though I’m slow and would be at a social distancing appropriate level of course) let me know!

Right now Cannon is still open, but I have to imagine that will end soon. While we don't have AT gear, I promised my 11-year-old we'd hike Cannon (snow shoes on the ski trail?) and ski until the snow melts. We'd be up for some company if you're interested!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Right now Cannon is still open, but I have to imagine that will end soon. While we don't have AT gear, I promised my 11-year-old we'd hike Cannon (snow shoes on the ski trail?) and ski until the snow melts. We'd be up for some company if you're interested!

Cool, keep me posted!!

I wonder when they will actually close..!

This weekend is seeming like a better potential to hike somewhere like Wachusett than further north surprisingly. Looks like quite warm temps and rain on Friday everywhere, and then freezing temps into Saturday without really getting above freezing up north. Then freezing again overnight Saturday and only 35 for a high Sunday.. Wachusett area should go to around 40 on both Saturday and Sunday with sun. Anything ungroomed will likely be a skating rink too far north I guess.. Not used to having to assess the conditions on how snow will react as closely as will now be required for earning turns, that will at least be something interesting to learn more about.

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump:
After being at the Snowbound Expo last weekend, I wondered when was last time I went to the previous version of the Boston ski show. Turns out I didn't go in 2019.

While there have been changes at the mountains mentioned in this thread, there is some good info that is probably still useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna