• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MA / NH skiing 2019-20

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mt. Sunapee has posted a date of March 17th for the annual Ladies day.
For those who didn't see it last spring, here's the thread about demo'ing last season. The Sunapee Ladies Day demo selection was by far the best I've ever seen. Very knowledgeable reps to chat with, as well as a wide selection of brands. More than enough options for me as a petite skier. Well worth the registration fee. Food was good too.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/demo-day-at-sunapee-ladies-day-3-12-19.23810/

NewEnglander

Diva in Training
For those who didn't see it last spring, here's the thread about demo'ing last season. The Sunapee Ladies Day demo selection was by far the best I've ever seen. Very knowledgeable reps to chat with, as well as a wide selection of brands. More than enough options for me as a petite skier. Well worth the registration fee. Food was good too.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/demo-day-at-sunapee-ladies-day-3-12-19.23810/
Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely going...youngest kid is 4 and I'm finally back skiing after a decade off! Time for some new skis!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just in case people missed it . . . the Women's program at Blue Hills is happening. It's on Thursday evenings and for advanced beginners and intermediates. It's great deal. What I learned taking lessons at my home hill (Massanutten in northern VA) is that a small hill has more than enough terrain for learning and working on fundamentals. Fundamental skills that are solid on groomers after a season or two can make skiing at bigger mountains and/or on more complex terrain that much more fun.

https://www.bluehillsboston.com/copy-of-adult-learn-to-ski

knolan12

Angel Diva
For anyone that skis Pat's Peak: I love the new lodge renovations! They built "ski friendly" stairs that are low and wide. I was always convinced I was gonna eat it on the old stairs so an appreciated improvement. Also, the new women's bathroom on the 3rd floor is so nice! Lots of thoughtful design and just in general very pretty.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone know when they will actually have details about the Sunapee Women’s Day posted?? Their site says it’s happening under events, but pretty much no details whatsoever. I’m trying to have a coworker come, and wish there were more details to provide to her beyond my own experience last year. I don’t remember what pricing was, and it’d be nice to see what extracurriculars are planned etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Anyone know when they will actually have details about the Sunapee Women’s Day posted?? Their site says it’s happening under events, but pretty much no details whatsoever. I’m trying to have a coworker come, and wish there were more details to provide to her beyond my own experience last year. I don’t remember what pricing was, and it’d be nice to see what extracurriculars are planned etc.
Don't remember the details either, but here's the thread about the Diva demo'ing that went on last year:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a "late" start today, but made a last minute decision to make it a Tenney day. I had a free ticket from when I got a Ski and Ride card at the Boston Ski Expo. Well, late didn't make any difference there. I arrived at 10:30 and there were only a handful of cars in the lot. My pass is blacked out at Wachusett this week, and I was looking for somewhere uncrowded. I found it. Most of the day I felt like I had the hill to myself. The snow was great, and the twisty blue runs were fun. The lodge is homey, and I sat in front of a huge fireplace with a cup of coffee to warm up. My only suggestion if you are going is to pick a somewhat warmer day and go with a ski buddy. The lift is a bit older and slower, so I had plenty of time for quiet reflection as my toes slowly froze.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I got a "late" start today, but made a last minute decision to make it a Tenney day. I had a free ticket from when I got a Ski and Ride card at the Boston Ski Expo. Well, late didn't make any difference there. I arrived at 10:30 and there were only a handful of cars in the lot. My pass is blacked out at Wachusett this week, and I was looking for somewhere uncrowded. I found it. Most of the day I felt like I had the hill to myself. The snow was great, and the twisty blue runs were fun. The lodge is homey, and I sat in front of a huge fireplace with a cup of coffee to warm up. My only suggestion if you are going is to pick a somewhat warmer day and go with a ski buddy. The lift is a bit older and slower, so I had plenty of time for quiet reflection as my toes slowly froze.
Glad you had a chance to check out Tenney. Agree that it would be more fun with a ski buddy for the lift rides. I actually liked the shorter lift better because it took less time, but that only runs on weekends I think. Hot Buns and Boot Gloves are probably helpful.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I got my ticket the woman mentioned that the shirt lift wasn’t open “yet” and I asked what time it would be. The answer? “Depends when staff shows up. “ It didn’t open yesterday:smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
When I got my ticket the woman mentioned that the shirt lift wasn’t open “yet” and I asked what time it would be. The answer? “Depends when staff shows up. “ It didn’t open yesterday:smile:

Now, that is a mom and pop ski hill!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Now, that is a mom and pop ski hill!
The effort that it took to get Tenney back into operation was quite a story. Although it runs like a family operation and has lots of community support, it was the business and engineering experience of the new owners that made a difference. They had a longer term view and enough financial resources to hang on when there wasn't enough snow for an entire winter after the lifts were re-certified.

For those who missed my trip report from last March that includes some pictures of fresh snow:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...rom-boston-for-fresh-snow-on-3-10-2019.23905/

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sorry link won't work as a link- copy and paste the above to get to the registration page

On the Sunapee homepage, can scroll down to Upcoming Events for the link to the Ladies Day Extravaganza.

Had a great time at the event last year. The food was far better than I expected. Between that and the large selection of demo skis, it was well worth the registration fee. The option of a $25 lift ticket was a bonus. Definitely pays to arrive early.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 12.25.00 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just registered too, thanks @BlueSkies and @marzNC for posting!!

Is anyone doing the clinic? I did last season, but leaning towards just free skiing and demoing this year since that took up a lot of time last year with the actual lesson and then lunch.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I clicked "yes" for the clinic thinking it was included, but then made my eyes focus on the fine print by holding my phone further away, and saw that it is an additional cost. So I think I will bail on the lesson and just have playing with the demo skis like I did last year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna