• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MA / NH skiing 2019-20

marzNC

Angel Diva
Loon is on Ikon, while Cannon and Bretton Woods are not. If buying a day ticket, the other ski resort to consider is Waterville Valley. With the addition of Green Mountain, sticking to the slow triple could be a way to avoid some lift lines midday on weekends.

I found a small, independent older motel just north of Lincoln last March. Decided to check it out when I saw a sign advertising discounted lift tickets to Cannon. Made a good base for day trips in the area. Turned out to have a very nice indoor hot tub and sauna.

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Would love to know the motel!
It's the Parker's Motel. There are pictures on the website of some of the rooms. Definitely an old building but the current owner bought it a while back and is very nice. It was clean enough for me. Reminded me of motels that my family used to stay in around New England back when I was a kid.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are also ski bus trips that leave from various spots in and around Boston. Check online. They tend to have group rates for the people on the bus, which ends up being cheaper than Liftopia. Plus you might have people on the bus that you'd like to ski with.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also, if you get to know someone who is a member in a club you can rent a room for a weekend with that person as your sponsor. The rates are usually very, very inexpensive, $25/night or so. You'll need to bring your own pillow and sheets and toiletries. You'll be invited to eat breakfast and dinner at the club, again for a small price.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Also, if you get to know someone who is a member in a club you can rent a room for a weekend with that person as your sponsor. The rates are usually very, very inexpensive, $25/night or so. You'll need to bring your own pillow and sheets and toiletries. You'll be invited to eat breakfast and dinner at the club, again for a small price.

True this! I used to work with someone who is a member of Penguin Ski Club right near Loon, super cheap to stay there for the weekend and includes breakfast, dinner, and I think draft beer at night.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
@liquidfeet Working on it! Might go stay with Ski-Bees Dec 14 and just sent an email to Snow Chasers, based on your suggestion :smile: Also will pick up a bus schedule when I go to the Ski Expo next month.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Also will pick up a bus schedule when I go to the Ski Expo next month.
I think you just have enough posts to see Meet On The Hill (MOTH) threads. There is one for the Boston Ski Expo. I had a good time meeting up with Divas there the last few years. Timing was good for me to visit my daughter at her prep school near Boston. While it's nice that she chose to attend college in our home state, I'll miss wandering around the Ski Expo.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@liquidfeet Working on it! Might go stay with Ski-Bees Dec 14 and just sent an email to Snow Chasers, based on your suggestion :smile: Also will pick up a bus schedule when I go to the Ski Expo next month.

SkiBees ski club (a big club):
lodge%20-%20winter.jpg

Snow Chasers ski club (smaller):
P1090060.JPG

yogiskier

Angel Diva
I think you just have enough posts to see Meet On The Hill (MOTH) threads. There is one for the Boston Ski Expo. I had a good time meeting up with Divas there the last few years. Timing was good for me to visit my daughter at her prep school near Boston. While it's nice that she chose to attend college in our home state, I'll miss wandering around the Ski Expo.
:thumbsup:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski club life is not luxe. Think summer camp, for adults, in the winter.
Bunk rooms, old furniture that looks like it was bought at thrift shops. Bathroom down the hall.
But it comes with social life. Each club is very different depending on the people who come up regularly.

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Catamount has updated their trail map. They’ve added two new double diamonds, one diamond, and one blue.

I’ll attach the map. It’ll probably be sideways! :smile:

Attachments

• 749086ED-C90B-4429-9147-BB74A05D2945.jpeg
    749086ED-C90B-4429-9147-BB74A05D2945.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's not in MA/NH, but Sunday River is opening on Saturday! We'll be there on either Saturday or Sunday taking advantage of out IKON pass before the NH mountains open. Anyone else?

MissySki

Angel Diva
It's not in MA/NH, but Sunday River is opening on Saturday! We'll be there on either Saturday or Sunday taking advantage of out IKON pass before the NH mountains open. Anyone else?

I’ll be there! Saturday for sure and Sunday as well as long as Saturday isn’t atrocious for any reason! Haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna