• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lunchtime in the COVID era?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We ended up getting 20 oz. Hydro Flask Food Jars. Mr. tinymoose did some research and this is what we landed on, so we'll see how they work for us!

LauraV

Diva in Training
We’re getting pretty good at the tailgating. Our mountain is small enough that the parking lot is close to the lifts. We usually arrive 45 minutes before lifts open to get the closest parking spot we can. We have camping gas burner to heat water for oatmeal, or bring a bagel or something. We have a couple 2’ carpet squares that are great for throwing in the ground to change into ski boots (heated boot bag plugged into car for easy on). For lunch we have a small gas griddle that we cook up prepared grilled cheese, burgers, etc. we keep camp chairs, a small folding table, griddle and a portable gas fire pit in the back of the car. The kids love the fire pit to warm up at lunchtime. I’m thinking once the lodges eventually re-open, we will stick with tailgating. There’s a nice sense of distanced camaraderie in the parking lot, and the food is good and cheap.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
LOVE peanut butter, lol. I am not much of a sandwich eater, but I will eat it right off the spoon, or drizzle it in oatmeal or plain Greek yogurt.

I am fortunate that I am able to ski most days this season, so I only ski mornings. I despise early eating, but have forced myself most of my life since I have hypoglycemia. I love lunch, but am dreadfully unmotivated to go back out and ski if I sit and eat. Diva trips or skiing with any larger group is the only time I successfully do this - must be the joy of having a crew to go back out with!

Steel cut oats with fruit and nuts/nut butter is my favorite breakfast, but I prefer that when I can eat it late morning as opposed to first thing. So far this year, I have been eating a piece of fruit (banana/apple) and a handful of roasted almonds on the way to the mountain. I carry a protein bar in my pocket in case of emergency, usually an RX bar. I eat lunch when I get back to the house, but if I have to stop and do errands on the way home and am feeling like I have to have something, my car is a bit of a rolling grocery store - I have Whisps (or similar cheese snack), dried Blenheim slab apricots, and almonds stocked at all times in the car, and usually also have a clementine or a squeeze applesauce in my purse.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Saw this idea posted by a midwesterner elsewhere . . . a pop-up insulated little hut designed for ice fishing. Just big enough for 2 adults. General descriptions are something like this:

Made of premium waterproof fabric, this tent can keep the cold out even in - 30 degrees Celsius conditions. The 2 roll-up windows located on the side of the tent allow for great ventilation inside the tent to ensure you remain comfortable and avoid overheating if you use a heater inside the tent. The entrance features a zippered opening for easy access to the tent. Comes with stakes and cord loops to secure this tent to the ground and a carrying bag is included for easy transportation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna