• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Losing Skiing Skills in new conditions - tips? advice?

marzNC

Angel Diva
@newbieM : my friend JF had a lesson this morning at Alta. There was quite a bit of new snow and more coming down. The instructor stayed on Sunnyside since visibility was really bad off Sugarloaf. She had lessons with him last week too. JF has been skiing blues at Alta for a few years, but normally only gets about 15 days a season, mostly at a small hill in VA. Fair to say that she found it tough going on the greens with ungroomed snow on top. For powder skiing, there is no substitute for mileage. That's also true for any spring skiing conditions, whether it's heavy new snow, pushed around snow, or icy slopes during a freeze/thaw cycle.

mustski

Angel Diva
Sadly. I live somewhere that has spring skiing, in the afternoons, most of the season so I’ve become rather good at it! This is a rub on wax with a cork on the back and it’s small enough to carry in a pocket. https://www.racewax.com/swix-f4-warm-premium-glide-ski-wax-with-rub-on-cork-applicator-on-back/
C98E2043-8BF4-4CDE-BF13-3550CD041638.jpeg

You crayon the wax onto the ski and then use the cork to rub it into the base. With spring snow, you need to wax every day. I do this in the morning and again after lunch if I stay that long.

It also helps to turn more and get up on your edges- less base on the snow means less sticking. I also get more definite in my up/down motion like in powder - it pops me into the next turn and keeps me on edge. Sadly, I see way more slush than powder so I’m a lot better in crud than good snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna