• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for new pants for resort and backcountry

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
I currently have the North Face Freedom pants, but the fit is a little off and I don't like the somewhat limited range of motion. Can anyone recommend a great pair of ski pants with good range of motion (including enough room in the hips/thighs and articulated knees) that would be good for mostly resort skiing, but some backcountry (as well as in-bounds hiking)? I would prefer styles with a solid belt/adjustable waist since I've found it hard to get pants to stay up consistently. My waist is smaller than my butt/thighs and I'd rather have enough room in the latter and be able to cinch down the former. Thank you!

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Those do look almost perfect!! Thanks for the rec. Also, has anyone tried Stio outerwear? I think I saw them in an article in Outside (where Christy Mahon said their pants are all she wears), but I don't know much about them otherwise.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@skiwest are you looking for shell or insulated ? Not sure what temps your regularly skiing in .....
I've been very happy with my Flylow Nina pant, seems they updated the fit and fabric this year ?

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
@skiwest are you looking for shell or insulated ? Not sure what temps your regularly skiing in .....
I've been very happy with my Flylow Nina pant, seems they updated the fit and fabric this year ?

Hmm, I was thinking more of a shell (or possibly light insulation) since I'd love something that is more comfortable and lightweight for the uphill, but I'd be open to something insulated if people think it's worth it. I'll check out the Flylows!

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Do the Flylows have articulated knees? I find that that makes a big difference for range of motion, but it doesn't seem to say in the Steep and Cheap description. Thanks for the recs, everyone!

Gryphoak

Diva in Training
I have the Arcteryx Ravenna and Kakeela pants. They each fit a bit differently with the former being more slim fitting and the latter being looser, and they are the best quality, most versatile and waterproof/breathable pants I've ever had. I can ski in Quebec frigid January weather, and just came back from a week at Big Sky with spring weather and pouring rain. No freezing or sweating in them. My legs stayed dry as the rest of me got soaked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly