• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for contributions for a new Ski Diva cookbook!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you long-time members may recall that waaaaaaay back in 2008, we put together a cookbook of recipes from the Ski Diva community. It actually turned out pretty well; you can even still find it for sale here.

SkiDivaCooksFrontSmall.jpg

Now that a dozen years have passed, I'm thinking it's time we put together a new one. After all, a lot of people have joined since 2008, and I'm sure many of you have some great recipes to share.

So how about sending me one or two of your favorites, and I'll compile them into an ebook we all can enjoy? Be sure to include your user name when you send them over, so I'll know who they're from.

Here's the address you can use: [email protected].

Let's get cooking!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Will this be an update to book 1 or a book 2?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It’ll be a new book. And it’ll only be in digital form -- either a pdf or an ebook.

Last edited:

Tvan

Angel Diva
Ohh fun! I'll send a couple!

Jilly

Staff member
Ski Diva correct me if I'm wrong, but first time around it had to be a recipe that hadn't been published in a cook book. Think copyright infringement.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think that's what we did before. But I think as long as you don't copy a recipe word for word, it's okay. You might want to say, "adapted from XYZ Cookbook."

Here's what I found about this online:

Copyright law does not protect recipes that are mere listings of ingredients. ... Copyright protection may, however, extend to substantial literary expression—a description, explanation, or illustration, for example—that accompanies a recipe or formula or to a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Sent - all are my own recipes, or ones that I recreated from rough approximations of dishes I've eaten. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I found my copy of the original...that way I don't send in the same recipe....

As I looked through the book, I noticed a lot of Diva's we haven't seen in awhile....sad...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: This sort of fell by the wayside due to lack of response -- no surprise, since I posted it during the summer. So let's try to get this going again. Anyone care to contribute?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:bump: This sort of fell by the wayside due to lack of response -- no surprise, since I posted it during the summer. So let's try to get this going again. Anyone care to contribute?

I encourage the project so keep this going! And I barely cook, so no chance of a contribution from moi!!

newboots

Angel Diva
I will think on this and pull some recipes together! I admit I was likely AWOL when this appeared last!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly