• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lodging Options in Aspen (Dec. 2021)

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking at early season Aspen & need some lodging recommendations. I may go out from the 9th - 15th or that time-frame.

Thanx in advance!

alison wong

Angel Diva
I like the town of Basalt. Both times I went to Aspen/Snowmass I stayed there. First time was AirBnB and I took bus.

2nd time we stayed at Basalt Mountain Inn and had rental. We drove to Brush Creek parking lot and then took bus (free from Brush Creek onward).
https://www.basaltmountaininn.com

I know @nopoleskier and @Olesya Chornoguz stayed at the Element hotel. Element is in El Jebel, which is bus stop after the town of Basalt. @NewEnglandSkier and @santacruz skier stayed in Snowmass, ski in/ski out.

Depends on your preference: ski in/ski out / car availability / bus / budget, options may differ.

I am sure other will chime in for their recommendations. (for me, if I go back to Aspen, I will likely stay in Basalt again.)

Christy

Angel Diva
It's been 12 years since I've been to Aspen so I don't think my recommendation of Annabelle Inn, where I stayed, will be very current. I'll just say that you should decide if you want to stay in town or slopeside. I liked staying in Aspen and walking to dinner + bars, checking things out in the evening, etc, and didn't find busing or driving to the mountains onerous at all. Others would prefer to stay slopeside, say at Snowmass, and don't really care about town stuff. So you might start by thinking about what would matter most to you then going from there.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, twice I've stayed at Snowmass and one time in downtown Aspen. When I stayed in Snowmass I stayed at Pokolodi Lodge--it's a very basic property but it was well run, organized and the rooms were both in working order with no issues. One time I stayed one night at Wildwood at Snowmass (due to early arrival due to east coast impending snowstorm so I went out a day early and that room had a heating issue--I was dying of the heat. I preferred the Pokolodi and the price was similar.
Another trip I stayed at the Annabelle Inn in Aspen and the first room they gave me also had issues. First of all it was the tiniest room ever (it was not one of their economy rooms--it was a level up from that--they warn you not to book an economy room unless you really love street noise, as those rooms are on the first floor and directly on the Main Street with very little noise buffering) and the lighting was really poor--also the design choices were strange. Sometime during the first night the heating gave out and the temp in the room dropped into the the 50s. I addressed the issue with the front desk the next morning and they wanted to give me a space heater; I had to argue to get a different room. The next room I got was an improvement over the first and I had no complaints with that second room. That too is a fairly basic property.
Depending on your budget and expectations you may find you need to up what you may normally pay. For example a room that might go for $350/night in Steamboat or Utah and be an upper moderate level property will go for $400+ in Aspen/Snowmass and not be nearly as nice.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm looking at early season Aspen & need some lodging recommendations. I may go out from the 9th - 15th or that time-frame.

Thanx in advance!
Where do you plan to fly into? Prefer to do without a rental car?

For early season, I think I'd be looking for a deal at Snowmass. I've ended up staying in Carbondale, but that was with Bill who was happy to do the driving to whatever mountain we were going to ski that day. If I were going solo, I'd consider Basalt as suggested above.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I stayed at Snowmass Mountain Chalet ski in ski out and was a perfect location. Look out the window at the Fanny Hill lift. Full hot breakfast included as well as homemade soups for lunch. Didn’t really take advantage of the lunches too often but definitely a delicious hot breakfast!

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like to stay at the Lift One condominium. It’s only a few blocks from the gondola and transportation center. The large hot tub is really nice after a day on the slopes.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should've also specified that while I don't mind a walk of many blocks, I'd rather be able to walk to the Ajax gondola plaza. I usually store my boots and skis at the plaza, so a long walk is not a big deal at all. I don't need/want fancy, just a place to put my head down. I won't be skiing at Snowmass - just Ajax.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Element in Basalt is very nice! Beautiful new rooms, I think it's a very new modern hotel. I recommend it. The price very very reasonable 3 or 4 years ago, not sure what it is now. They had great breakfast, not sure what they do about breakfast in post-COVID era. We had a car while staying there, but it is on the bus route like Alison pointed out.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I have been very happy with 2 different VRBO condos at an older complex called The Willows. You will get a much better rate on VRBO than with Snowmass Vacation Rentals or whatever Official rental site is called. It is ski-in, ski-out, near Fanny Hill/6 pack base, on shuttle routes, and walkable to both the Snowmass Village and Mall. Most have been renovated. I have stayed at Wildwood, but for the money you get more space and quiet and a kitchen at the Willows.

Christy

Angel Diva
Do you ever look at Trip Advisor reviews? You can use the map to limit search results to one of the hotels near the Aspen Mt gondola.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna