• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Living near Snowbasin--need help from UT Divas

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skimamma, I just saw this. Congrats on the move! That is fantastic. I'll let you know when we are up there and we'll have to take some turns together. We are looking at January, after New Year's, since DS is off 12-14 through 1-14. We'll also be there the 3rd week in March for spring break.

Alpine Pizza is a great place to get a quick dinner. Also Eats of Eden. We like Wing Wah in Ogden for Chinese, as well as the Timbermine for a good steak.

XC skiing can be had at Snowbasin, but there's also several places in the valley. Ask at Diamond Peak Sports, they'll let you know the best trails.

The plows keep up as best they can, but that canyon road can get dangerous if it's snowing heavily. I'm told 4WD or AWD is a necessity if one lives there (as opposed to just visiting). I think this year if they get that much snow everyone will be thanking the snow gods so fervently they won't care whether the road is cleared or not!

skimamma

Certified Ski Diva
Skimamma, I just saw this. Congrats on the move! That is fantastic. I'll let you know when we are up there and we'll have to take some turns together. We are looking at January, after New Year's, since DS is off 12-14 through 1-14. We'll also be there the 3rd week in March for spring break.

Alpine Pizza is a great place to get a quick dinner. Also Eats of Eden. We like Wing Wah in Ogden for Chinese, as well as the Timbermine for a good steak.

XC skiing can be had at Snowbasin, but there's also several places in the valley. Ask at Diamond Peak Sports, they'll let you know the best trails.

The plows keep up as best they can, but that canyon road can get dangerous if it's snowing heavily. I'm told 4WD or AWD is a necessity if one lives there (as opposed to just visiting). I think this year if they get that much snow everyone will be thanking the snow gods so fervently they won't care whether the road is cleared or not!

Garden Mary....It would be terrific to take some turns together. I am a stay at home mom, after the kids are in school, I am pretty flexible during the week. It will be interesting how often I venture out to SB during the week. I would love to become more adept at powder skiing! My experience is limited to a week here and there throughout the years. Loved the powder here. My DH purchased Powder skis for me for my B-day :-) I am excited!

While living in Oregon last winter, I purchased my first set of studded tires for my SUV. I should be ok with driving as long as it is plowed.

I have heard South Fork is a great place to x-country ski. I think it is even dog friendly. Which is terrific as I have a large snow dog, who's favorite hobby is x-country skiing. I haven't tried Eats of Eden or Alpine Pizza yet. I will have to check it out. I do like the little local restaurant that is located in the same parking lot as Diamond Peak Sports; they even made me a terrific veggie wrap that wasn't on the menu! Their gyros & salads are very good too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna