• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

List of Bootfitters Across the World

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
Sweden: Alpingaraget (Stockholm)

France: The randonnee shop in Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier - home of the best bootfitter I've met, Bruno Bornicat.

SkiBee

Certified Ski Diva
Steamboat Boot fitter

One Stop Ski Shop
35 11th St
Steamboat Springs, CO. 80487
877-754-7474
www.onestopskishop.net

John owns the place and per his website, they have "a trillion years" of experience. Quite a cheeky bunch.

My husband and me purchased boots last year and it made so much difference in our skiing.

Pam

whywhy

Certified Ski Diva
Another shout out for Solutions 4 Feet in Bicester - sorted out my boots, and more importantly sorted out dh who with his previous boots was suffering serious quad burn even before he put on his skis (combination of small wide feet, narrow heel, wide calf). Only problem is that they are over 350 miles away.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
One Stop Ski Shop
35 11th St
Steamboat Springs, CO. 80487
877-754-7474
www.onestopskishop.net

John owns the place and per his website, they have "a trillion years" of experience. Quite a cheeky bunch.
Trillion years could be close! They tweaked and modified my boots in 1988! Ditto DS. That's 22 years ago.

JennaB

Diva in Training
Boston area boot fitters

Just went to Ski Stop in Westwood, MA:

www.skistopmass.com
256 Washington St. #1
Westwood, MA 02090-1300
(781) 329-3616

I bought my boots earlier this year elsewhere and my toes were going numb, lots of pain. They are super friendly and know their stuff. They pointed out a few things I knew (like wide feet, high arches) and a few I didn't know about my feet and posture! They are widening the boot and making insoles. I can't wait to get out there and try them out!!

Jilly

Staff member
For eastern Ontario Diva's-

Barry Allison - Ski Connexions

He's in Ottawa and can be reached through www.skiconnexions.ca
Barry does not sell boots, just fixes them! My Tecnica's will be paying him a visit. He knew right away what the problem is, but couldn't fix it here in Tremblant. Needs his shop.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've never had my boots fitted. Never felt that I needed it, every pair I bought (not that I bought that many) fitted in such way that I couldn't imagine if there was anything that could be taken out or added or changed. I fancied getting custom footbeds - almost every shop has this type of service now - but having it done in resort would have meant to sacrifice couple of hours of the on-slope time, and since I usually stay in the place rented for the season I keep all my gear there and too lazy to take the boots back with me to town if nothing at least in my perception warrants it. Plus there is an issue of time too especially if I am away every weekend, and with the new job I often finish work later than shops stay open over here. The shop where I bought my last pair told me that I could bring boots to them if I needed any adjustments, so if this shin bang I got all of a sudden last time skiing doesn't go away this weekend I might have to find time to see them before I am off skiing for 10 days over Christmas and New Year. If this happens I will also get custom footbeds, have liner molded and whatever else they I doing to the boots this days..:wink:

Jilly

Staff member
Check and see what time the shops open. Some at Tremblant open at 7am. Skiing doesn't start till 8:30am

merrydog

Angel Diva
hi there,

first of all, this list is fantastic - thank you!

question for you west coasters out there - i remember someone vaguely mentioning on this forum that there was a great bootfitter out in Berkeley, CA?

does this ring a bell for anyone?

appreciate the help!

I've heard good things about California Ski Company in Berkeley and my boyfriend got his boots adjusted there at the end of the last season. Unfortunately it was a rush job as he was leaving town that day so they couldn't do the final adjustments that was probably needed for him to get totally comfortable.

Anna

Angel Diva
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Robbie & Ollie <-- can't recommend them highly enough for ALL gear. Ollie works the US season as well and BOTH are qualified fitters.
Ajays
[/email]

Ollie works in Telluride, Colorado.
He'll be back in the US on Monday I think.
Just popped back home to Australia for personal reasons....

Where is Ollie the Wonder Boot Fitter?
He is at the new shop of
"The Boot Doctors"
There are 2 shops now and Ollie's been put at the new shop - that is all I know and I reckon he's ACE!

If you Do go to Ollie, tell him an Aussie Ski Diva sent you.
He MAY recall me as I came into Ajay's all the time. "Anna with the Fisher Watea's" that he Summer waxed for me :smile: I do NOT expect him to recall but any hoo - you never know what could help!

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Trois Vallees

Tiny shop, hidden away just off the piste. Wears a white coat, speaks english, is an orthopaedic podiatrist who sells boots and looks like Lurch from the Adams family...fantastic if you have funny feet.

Au pied des pistes - Armando
Reberty 1850, Orthopédiste - Chaussures de ski
tel: 04 79 07 30 87

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Adding another Summit County shop to the list. I had my new boots done here and am amazed at how good they feel with just a few punches and new custom foot beds.

Podium Sports Group
720 Main St
Frisco CO 80443 (Right below Backcountry Brewery)
970-668-9996
www.podiumsportsgroup.com

The manager Brian Eggleton did my initial shell fit, we ordered the proper flex model and then Mike did the remaining fitting including punches and custom foot bed. Both are awesome.

Baileysmum

Diva in Training
Sydney, Australia

Larry Adler
Larry Adler's Ski & Outdoor
1024 Pittwater Road
Collaroy NSW 2097
AUSTRALIA

Phone: 61-2-9971 8711
Fax: 61-2-9981 4336

Larry is now over 80 years old and a legend in the boot fitting game in Australia. I have only owned 2 pair of boots in 25 years skiing and Larry fitted them both. I have NEVER needed to break them in or have any alterations done.

T

Certified Ski Diva
Lou Rosenfeld (best boot fitter in Calgary, Alberta) mentioned in the original post, has moved. His new location is

Lou's Skiing Performance Centre
2636 Parkdale Boulevard NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3S6
(403) 288-8556
www.lous.ca

Anna

Angel Diva
called in the on-site physio who explained that I've been working out incorrectly! He sent me home with instructions on how to correct my training — worked a treat! And didn't charge me anything.

LOVE these people.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS - _NOW_ :smile: ahahhehaehae!!!
And, don't you just love service with extras?
It just keeps you coming back :smile::smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly