• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lindsay Vonn retiring

Christy

Angel Diva
1549072133574.png

I got a bit emotional reading about this. I think Bode Miller is right when he says she is the best alpine ski racer of either gender off all time. I was lucky to get to see her win her Olympic gold in person.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/sports/lindsey-vonn-retires.html

Bode Miller, considered America’s greatest male ski racer, said he believed Vonn was the best skier ever even without her having exceeded Stenmark’s record, especially as Vonn was the rare skier who won World Cup races in five Alpine disciplines: the downhill, the super-G, the slalom, the giant slalom and the combined.

All of Stenmark’s victories came in two events, the slalom and the giant slalom.

“In my opinion, she is at the top,” Miller told Reuters in January. “Stenmark lived in a different era and never had to deal with the things Lindsey had to deal with throughout her career. Even just the number of races he had in a season was different to Lindsey.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She’s had an incredible journey and I’ve enjoyed watching her. My husband is so sad. He wubs her! I’m curious to know what she’ll do next. Maybe coach?

Jenny

Angel Diva
I can’t imagine how her body feels. I whine about aches and pains as I get older and I’ve never abused my body like that. And I know she starts from a MUCH higher level of fitness than I do, but the things it’s gone through . . .

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I can’t imagine how her body feels. I whine about aches and pains as I get older and I’ve never abused my body like that. And I know she starts from a MUCH higher level of fitness than I do, but the things it’s gone through . . .
Yeahz I just can't imagine how her body is going to feel in 15-20 years. It's amazing watching her ski but all those crashes have had to take a real toll. Sad to see her go but would hate to see her push even more and get hurt even worse.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
She was always a joy to watch, even if I did bite my nails to the quick doing it. I love her fitness book, "Strong is the New Beautiful"; I hope she'll write another about her career.

Christy

Angel Diva
It was so sad to see her crash in the super G at the world championships the other day. She sounded just so exhausted and demoralized after the race. But still racing on the downhill on Sunday!

Christy

Angel Diva
In terms of what she'll do, I think she has set herself up to run the foundation that she has established.

Artis

Certified Ski Diva
I also think she will maybe use her YouTube channel more now she is retired? I feel like she is setting it up as a healthy lifestyle kind of channel.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seems like a perfect ending. Medal, yes, but on an easier course. No 1st place that might tempt her to un-retire. (If I can win with failing parts ....)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly