• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Limiting pass sales to limit crowds.

Jilly

Staff member
There is only 1 ski resort in all of Ontario that is on a corporate pass....Blue Mountain (Ikon). In Quebec it's Tremblant (Ikon). MSA is part of the RCR group, but I don't think it's part of the western group on their passes. MSSI Quebec, I don't think allows you to ski Edelweiss near Ottawa.

So for eastern Canada, these large passes are really new. I know for some in Toronto it gives them access to Tremblant. But Tremblant is still a 7 hour drive. They come, but not every weekend.

Most of the ski hills in Ontario limited access this past year but doing an hourly reservation system. Since most have night skiing as well, they went for 4 hour time slots. You reserved in advance, or bought a pass in advanced if there was room.

Tremblant did not do any sort of reservation system, but did limit day passes bought on line. One really nice spring weekend, that did not help the capacity at the resort. Most of my crowd didn't feel safe anymore and we quit early.

If things return to normal next winter, and the border opens, we will be swamped again on weekends and holidays. This year it wasn't as busy on the slopes, but the lift lines were because of the social distancing stuff. I would really like to see limited day passes. In fact no day passes on holidays unless purchased well in advance. Not the day before. Or passes only available with on hill lodging through the Tremblant website on holidays.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Mad River Glen has announced that they are limiting pass sales to 10% fewer than they sold last season. Interestingly, they cut off pass sales in October last year after greater than expected demand. Their season pre-sale ends tomorrow April 30.

I wasn’t able to go last season (and ended up getting my weekday pass refunded) but I am all-in for 2021-2022 and bought the full pass. Very excited to explore this mountain... I’ve hiked it but never skied it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna