• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ligament copers - when are you ready to ski again?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Only hard falls I've had this season were in an icy parking lot at an unfamiliar place. That was in snowboots.
[/QUOTE]

I can relate to this. Only falls (related to downhill skiing) this season were last week when I tumbled twice in the Tremblant parking lot, wearing snow boots, trying to cover the short distance between the car and the door. Then the same day I went to the bathroom at lunch time. Was standing near the door and (unwisely) bent down to see if any stalls were empty - when a woman opened the door and hit me smack on the head. (Does this mean I should wear my helmet to the bathroom?)

Anyway, I was quite stiff and sore but could still ski. But the most falls in any one day came yesterday while x-c skiing. We've had amazing snow this past week for both downhill and x-c so no matter how stiff I feel, gotta get out there and take advantage of it.

@Grizzla, so glad to hear you're back on the slopes. Hope we hear more about your progress - sounds like you're doing very well.

Grizzla

Certified Ski Diva
Sounds familiar. After the first fall when a ski came off, I was more relieved than scared.

As for walking around in ski boots, I take much smaller steps at a slower speed than before. !

I think my Other Half was an awful lot more relieved than I was when I levered myself up, dusted off the snow, tracked down my lost ski and grinned "I'm fine".

I know exactly what you mean about walking in ski boots - really quite difficult suddenly. Feels weird and definitely worrying. Better if I slacken them right off (110 flex anyway) but still another one of those odd things which has changed with my damaged knees.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I know exactly what you mean about walking in ski boots - really quite difficult suddenly. Feels weird and definitely worrying. Better if I slacken them right off (110 flex anyway) but still another one of those odd things which has changed with my damaged knees.
For me, walking in ski boots wasn't any different physically since I had six months to rehab before ski season. But mentally I was, and still am, far more cautious. Means I walk slower in ski boots on hard surfaces and use handrails on stairs whenever available around a lodge.

As for walking around in snow boots, trying to remember to take smaller steps. Tougher in the morning when I'm raring to get on the slopes.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here. 8 years since my tibial plateau fracture, I’m mostly fine skiing, although still a bit more cautious than I used to be but I’m terrified of slipping on ice and cling on to the handrails on stairs for dear life when I’m in ski boots. I’m also not great walking on uneven surfaces and I bring a pole if I’m hiking, which really helps. I think my depth perception wasn’t the best to begin with and the part of my brain that used to say “go on, it will be fine” was silenced by the injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna