• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Leki trigger poles

mustski

Angel Diva
The new woman’s pole has a weird grip. It’s not like the previous models. For me the thumb reach is tougher for the click out than previous models. The swing weight is terrific though.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Straps and mittens don’t play well so I got trigger 3D this year. I’m still figuring out the best movement to click in but otherwise it’s easy on and off.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
I love mine but do find that I become lazy about my pole grip. I periodically put them down and go back to straps to redirect my grip. For those who love mitts, @SnowHot turned me on to these and I am hooked. They have finger holsters so the grip is great, and they are super warm.

https://leki-store.mwrc.net/en/product.php?product_id=71938
Do you have any experience with the Hestra Patrol Mitts? Ie. from a warmth comparison standpoint? I have the snowfox which I like, but they are not as warm as my Hestras.

mustski

Angel Diva
Do you have any experience with the Hestra Patrol Mitts? Ie. from a warmth comparison standpoint? I have the snowfox which I like, but they are not as warm as my Hestras.
Not that specific model. I do have a pair of Hestra mitts that I bought on sale a few years ago. They are warm but not as warm as the Leki down mitts. What I LOVE about the Leki mitts is the finger holsters inside. They give me a much better grip.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
this whole thread is making me want to buy these poles, because I find the straps on my current poles so useless (but I do love the poles, which are just basic K2s with orange cheetah print).

I am SHOCKED that women on this site are causing me to want to buy ski stuff. SHOCKED I tell you. :wink:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone tried these and do you recommend?
Long term updates on these here.

I will say, if you buy the new 3D Trigger poles and you have the old S Trigger gloves/mittens, the loop is not big enough for the slightly larger mechanism.
Fortunately you can still use the strap that comes with it.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
Not that specific model. I do have a pair of Hestra mitts that I bought on sale a few years ago. They are warm but not as warm as the Leki down mitts. What I LOVE about the Leki mitts is the finger holsters inside. They give me a much better grip.
Thanks for the Glace Mitts suggestion. I caved and bought them before my recent ski trip. Still had a few moments where my thumb and middle fingers got cold, but overall warmer than any other mitts including my Hestras!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I inherited a set of the race poles and fell in love with them. Then, of course, I had to have the regular poles, too (hot pink was a big selling factor as well). I won a pair of the Leki mitts at the Your Turn clinic this year, too. While not quite as warm (or beautiful) as my Astis mitts, I’m pretty impressed with them.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
I’m looking to get new Leki trigger poles for this upcoming season and just found this thread. I borrowed a pair of men’s trigger S poles and just used the hand straps— absolutely mind blowing how much it helped save my body. (I grip waaaay too hard with traditional poles, causes horrible tension in my back and shoulders.)

anyone try both mens and womens versions of the Leki Trigger S or 3D poles? Preferences? (Anyone in Vermont want to sell me their unwanted ones? Need 115cm.)

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m looking to get new Leki trigger poles for this upcoming season and just found this thread. I borrowed a pair of men’s trigger S poles and just used the hand straps— absolutely mind blowing how much it helped save my body. (I grip waaaay too hard with traditional poles, causes horrible tension in my back and shoulders.)

anyone try both mens and womens versions of the Leki Trigger S or 3D poles? Preferences? (Anyone in Vermont want to sell me their unwanted ones? Need 115cm.)
I cant help as I'm on other side of the Pacific but you wont look back once you've got them, they are so good. x

MissySki

Angel Diva

I'm not sure how much is different between the men's and women's.. I always assumed poles were pretty universal in grip size and such? Not positive about that at all though. I did notice that the hand straps that came with my women's poles were the smaller size and I bought the larger size separately which fit my hands a lot better. I have larger hands and also wear big mittens.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

My recommendation is that you get the gloves as well but make sure that you have the 3D poles if you have the 3D gloves.
The S Poles will work with both but the 3D poles will only work with the 3D gloves.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
AND I did not by one of their gloves because I have MANY gloves for different temps.
I tried with one of my gloves and gripped them.
It seems work just fine.

MissySki

Angel Diva
AND I did not by one of their gloves because I have MANY gloves for different temps.
I tried with one of my gloves and gripped them.
It seems work just fine.

I prefer to use my own gloves/mittens as well. For me it's mostly that I have hands that don't tolerate the cold well and use specific very warm pairs of mittens much of the year. I also like being able to just swap out the straps when the temps are different or when a pair gets wet on a snow day and I change out to something dry at lunchtime etc. The only time I don't love the straps is in the spring.. when I go to my very thin spring gloves I feel like the straps can irritate my hands a bit right through the thin material.. but those days aren't usually very plentiful, so it's not a big deal overall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna