• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Leki trigger poles

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was totally fine with the straps that go over gloves last spring with my borrowed Leki S poles, but found them really unwieldily with thicker gloves/mittens. So still looking for the perfect Leki gloves. I have weird hands-- short fingers and thumbs, short palms... but wide palms. So mens are ALWAYS too big and women's are usually too narrow if the fingers fit and too long if the palm fits.
Unwieldly how? Just curious because I use the straps over quite substantial mittens.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Do your hands run hot or cold? @empogo
That's a good question! Usually I'd say they run hot, but I've lost significant weight this year, and have found my hands are often chilly now. Haven't tested this out with winter weather yet; generally I loathe having sweaty hands though, I'd rather keep my rechargeable hand warmers in my pockets than overheat.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Unwieldly how? Just curious because I use the straps over quite substantial mittens.
Oh just because I get a bit claustrophobic with big mittens if I can't take them off rapidly, which was made difficult with the additional straps. (Would be less of an issue if I could find a way to use my dang phone camera without having to remove my thicker gloves/mittens.)

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oh just because I get a bit claustrophobic with big mittens if I can't take them off rapidly, which was made difficult with the additional straps. (Would be less of an issue if I could find a way to use my dang phone camera without having to remove my thicker gloves/mittens.)
Ahh gotcha. They do make different sized straps, so it could also help to get the larger ones if that's not what you have now. The smaller ones that came with my poles used to have to be strapped kind of tight due to the lack of material length. They worked, but weren't as comfortable. With the larger strap size I am able to keep them on the mittens, but also do not have to go tight enough that it hinders the on and off motion of the mitt. The extra straps are not super cheap either, but they are probably cheaper than a dedicated pair of gloves or mittens, especially if you like to switch around to others throughout the season too.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Ahh gotcha. They do make different sized straps, so it could also help to get the larger ones if that's not what you have now. The smaller ones that came with my poles used to have to be strapped kind of tight due to the lack of material length. They worked, but weren't as comfortable. With the larger strap size I am able to keep them on the mittens, but also do not have to go tight enough that it hinders the on and off motion of the mitt. The extra straps are not super cheap either, but they are probably cheaper than a dedicated pair of gloves or mittens, especially if you like to switch around to others throughout the season too.
Oh that's a good idea. I'll see what comes with these poles and then steal the ones I used from men's poles this spring-- my friend uses Leki gloves so doesn't need the hand straps.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have gone to a local ski shop tent sale and gotten the Leki Glace mittens and new Leki Vario adjustable poles. I am really excited about adjustable poles - I like shorter poles in bumps I think so this will be nice to have. The adjustable lock on the poles seems really secure, I leaned on them pretty hard to test and it held.

Also these mittens are my first pair of mittens, I usually go for gloves but when I tried these on in the ski shop they were so well made and warm that I deciede to give mittens a try, also having a loop on mittens for Leki poles is also nice.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use the trigger poles so I don’t lose the poles if my fingers decide not to stay closed. Arthritis… boooooo.

I also usually wear Chaval gloves and I found it difficult to get the loops on and off in a hurry. Like when I forgot to take them off during the lift line got to the chair and ……. The Leki’s release quickly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna