• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Legs Go Into the Splits on Steeper Runs

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Learning to ski powder is HARD, unless you do it a lot. I've been fortunate in that my last few Ski Weeks at Taos were visited by some deep powder, so I got bonus powder skiing instruction, which was invaluable. In my private ski wk 2 wks ago, we got dumped on with a total of 34"over several days, and I can say that with my instructor, Stephanie, I never skied powder so fast (and confidently) in my life!

As for skis, I've gotten to the point where I can use my Sheeva 9's (89 underfoot) in most powder, unless it's really deep (over 9-10"), or really fluffy. Then I break out my Atomic Backland 103's, although I'm starting to like them less, since they're considerably longer at 159 than my Sheeva 9's at 148, but that's off-topic.

All of this to say that if you can possibly swing it, it's well worth taking a powder day lesson or two. You'll learn all the different (proper) techniques needed to ski the powder, and will learn to love it instead of ruining your day being fearful (and perhaps getting injured).
I hear Stephanie is great! Good for you!

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm lucky to ski with some awesome people who give me tips here and there, I buy them beer. I used to go into panic mode on a steep. I still do sometimes but I've learned coping things that work for me to get down the challenging part. At the end of the day I know if I'm totally freaked that worst case I can side or pivot slip down the challenging part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly