• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Least hyped ski you've loved

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They are out there, the ski that everyone talks about. You try it and like it so you buy it and ski it for a few years or maybe more.
But there are other skis that you never hear about. You happen upon it for a bargain price because no one talked about it and it just sat on the ski wall in some specialty shop. You got a deal so you try it and it wows you!

What is the least hyped ski that you never heard about but loved it when you tried it?

For me it was the Blizzard Cheyenne, the first year it was out.

What is yours?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be honest, I guess the Dynastars were hyped, at least I knew folks on this forum really liked them and I got a good deal on them. Duh!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be honest, I guess the Dynastars were hyped, at least I knew folks on this forum really liked them and I got a good deal on them. Duh!

I bought those skis and hated them. But I'm glad you liked them! :smile:

Yes. That's a ski that's not nearly as talked about as its bigger sisters Aura and Kenja, but IMHO its a better ski for a lot more women.

Yeah, I had to learn the expensive way that I couldn't really flex the Kenjas all that well given my size.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I wanted the Rossi Savory 7 but was talked out of it by (ahem some folks in a ski shop @ both Heavenly & Northstar) mostly due to my petite size..... so tried the Rossi Saffron 7 and liked it and bought it instead...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I just checked..... I'm not a guy. :becky: .....sooooo, probably not me.

That is a ski that has never been on my radar.
But I do really like the Saffron 7's.. Also last year bought demo 2014 Sambas in a 152 at Northstar after demoing and like them a lot too.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wanted the Rossi Savory 7 but was talked out of it by (ahem some folks in a ski shop @ both Heavenly & Northstar) mostly due to my petite size..... so tried the Rossi Saffron 7 and liked it and bought it instead...

I just had a moment where I was like "maybe I should buy some Saffron 7s!" Then I realized how wide they are lol

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never bought them -- and I hope no one hates me for this -- but the Black Pearls. :eek:
Wait, wouldn't that fall under the "most hyped ski that you hated?" :becky: (Which was me and the Savory 7.)

In the spirit of the thread, I haven't really bought a ski that wasn't popular and ended up loving it. I HAVE become a big believer in the demo process, though!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait, wouldn't that fall under the "most hyped ski that you hated?" :becky: (Which was me and the Savory 7.)

In the spirit of the thread, I haven't really bought a ski that wasn't popular and ended up loving it. I HAVE become a big believer in the demo process, though!

Oh, well I did demo the Yumis at Big Sky so maybe my answer is actually a fail. lol #cantread

ETA: Maybe my Kastle LX72s will be those skis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly