• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Least hyped ski you've loved

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Lady Hart Twins (in purple) that I bought when we were offered a killer deal here on TSD some years back. Never heard of them before or since.

Still pretty much my day to day ski even though I have Auras and Kikus.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The 2nd year Nordica Nemesis. My favorite ski ever! Found a new in wrapper pair at an outlet store last year.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
@SkiGAP Hart tried to make a comeback, but never really got the momentum that they needed. If you go to their website, you'll see some killer deals on closeouts.
I don't think they'll be around much longer.
https://www.hartskis.com/closeout.html

Wow those are SERIOUS deals! I also found https://www.hartskis-europe.com where they have different models. Apparently independent from Hart US, not 100% clarified. I have written them to find out their pricing etc.

Hmm...on the other thread I just wrote that I have not bought skis since Feb 2014...will that change for me this season? Who knows :-)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Yes, I had a pair of Wildfires for a couple years. I ended up selling them to my neighbor because she was looking for powder skis. Super fun!

Don't they have something else in the Fischer line up that is a stand out for Progressor lovers? I know I skied the women's Trinity for a bit last year and really liked it but I think I would probably be too soft for you.
You may want to try the Volkl SC UVO. Its really skinny but super powerful and extremely technical.
I think Fischer has a Progressor still, or something similar. I'm not looking for a replacement, though. I have Kastle LX82's which will do the trick. I'm just feeling nostalgia for my old Progressor 8's. :-)

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kicker POTUS - very nice all mountain skis, 86 mm waist. I demoed them at Blue Knob, PA and fell in love, didn't want to give them back during demo. :smile: My previous skis were 2013 Kenjas which I loved - I could definitely bend them and ski them well, but they may not have been the best in bumps for me. I think I needed somewhat softer to improve in bumps and and I hope POTUS will do the trick.

Kicker is a small company that was started in DC by 2 government enginers during government shutdwon in 2013. Thus the DCish names for their skis like POTUS, Filibuster and Furlough Friday. ;)

I also got Ramp Jailibrids fro $145 during their closeout sale this summer. I will find out how they ski this season, hopefully!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kicker is a small company that was started in DC by 2 government enginers during government shutdwon in 2013. Thus the DCish names for their skis like POTUS, Filibuster and Furlough Friday. ;)
I have the KICKER Filibuster. It has only been out twice, since I bought the last demo they had in @156. at the end of last season. It arrived with the heavy demo bindings which I skied on for the day . On the way home the local ski shop in Flagstaff (AZ) was happy to switch out the bindings for a nice pair of Squires. ( Remember now, the Squires have made their redemption in the past two years. :tongue:. These bindings are dependable for re-entry on the hill. I used to own a pair of Griffons and can totally relate to the Marker frustration so many experienced a few years ago. )

Filibuster is a great ski for me so far!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How exciting you'll be getting re-acquainted with the Kircker soon.:smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Most of the skis I demo are from major brands. The one brand that fewer people have heard of that I like for Alta is DPS. The DPS Nina 99 is on my list for when my Black Pearls are completely worn out. DPS skis are always of interest when I rent at Alta for a powder storm. DPS is based in SLC so can find them easily in Utah.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny. Based I'm sure on proximity and ideal ski conditions, I don't think of DPS as niche. Not for the last few years. I'm guessing they're not common on the east coast?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@vanhoskier now you're making me nostalgic for my F17's
@VickiK Do you know that they don't make the Wildfire anymore?
For those of you who are talking up the Kicker Skis....Kicker has called it quits.
Sad to see a young start up cease but they were struggling to keep it going.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
re: Wildfires, I wasn't thinking of demoing them, just mentioned that skibum really likes them.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossignol Voodoo Pro BC 110. The next year it was renamed the S3W, then a couple of years later became the Saffron 7. My shop talked me into buying the ski, I didn't demo it. It was so long, so wide and it had those funny high tips and tails. We hadn't had any powder for awhile so I finally took it out on a mediocre conditions day. It performed so well in those conditions and soon I was seeking out old snow on the sides of the runs. The following year was an outstanding snow year and I found my love for powder. It was because of that ski that I went on to buy the Temptation 88's, the Savory 7 and the Saffron 7.

To be fair, that was the women's version of the S7, which was a hugely hyped ski. Which in turn spawns another topic: what skis were hugely hyped on the men's side but not on the women's, and vice versa?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be fair, that was the women's version of the S7, which was a hugely hyped ski. Which in turn spawns another topic: what skis were hugely hyped on the men's side but not on the women's, and vice versa?

Well, there you go. Nordica Patron vs La Nina. Couldn't get away from Patron hype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna