• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Least hyped ski you've loved

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Nordica La Nina didn't seem to get a lot of love or even attention. Once I bought it last season, it was my primary ski, did great on everything from hardpack to 2 feet of powder.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No you want to love your new Kastle's.

No, no.... I meant that I demoed the Yumis so maybe they don't qualify for this post if it's talking about skis you tried sans demos. I'm going to be so sad if I don't like my Kastles b/c I've so built them up in my mind.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No, no.... I meant that I demoed the Yumis so maybe they don't qualify for this post if it's talking about skis you tried sans demos. I'm going to be so sad if I don't like my Kastles b/c I've so built them up in my mind.
:ski2:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
The Nordica NRGY 100s - I thought they were such a blast. My SO loved them too. And he bought them - they were on sale for $300 CAD a few weeks ago because a store in Edmonton had so many of them. I liked the Santa Anas a little bit more so I got those, but SO ended up getting the NRGYs. I'd like to try the 85s too..

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossignol Voodoo Pro BC 110. The next year it was renamed the S3W, then a couple of years later became the Saffron 7. My shop talked me into buying the ski, I didn't demo it. It was so long, so wide and it had those funny high tips and tails. We hadn't had any powder for awhile so I finally took it out on a mediocre conditions day. It performed so well in those conditions and soon I was seeking out old snow on the sides of the runs. The following year was an outstanding snow year and I found my love for powder. It was because of that ski that I went on to buy the Temptation 88's, the Savory 7 and the Saffron 7.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Oh, well I did demo the Yumis at Big Sky so maybe my answer is actually a fail. lol #cantread

ETA: Maybe my Kastle LX72s will be those skis.
NO.....you love your Yumis, they don't get enough hype (at least here). So, you can read. :-)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NO.....you love your Yumis, they don't get enough hype (at least here). So, you can read. :-)

I just meant if this was supposed to be about skis we didn't demo, I definitely demoed and loved them at Big Sky. :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has nothing to do with demoing. Has more to do with skis that don't get much press from the ski world but end up being your favorite.

Jilly

Staff member
Rossi Z5. It was all about the Z9, not the 5. I knew that the 9 was going to be too stiff. Loved my Z5's. Skied them till they couldn't be tuned anymore. Another would be the Attraxion 12. Rossi didn't even bring it into the states. It was actually the 8S oversize race ski in a different graphic. Still have those...

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fischer skis don't get a lot of love. But their Fan base is super loyal.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
The least hyped ski I loved was the Nordica Wildfire. I spent several days on them at Snowbird in powder and crud, and on groomers, and they were AWESOME everywhere. @SnowHot , didn't you own a pair of Wildfires?

The most hyped ski I hated was the Rossi S7 and the Dynastar Cham 107 or something. OMG, both those things scared me to death. Too.Much.Rocker.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since @vanhoskier mentioned skiing a ski forever due to 'Love" ahhh...my Picabo's I skied them until there were no edges but they had hype as 1 of the first shaped skis and designed by Picabo so they do go sooo fast I loved them- all 185cm of them, they are still in my loft as I can't seem to part with them hmmmm.. maybe they'll make a return on retro day...

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Zag Gold skis. They were bought as a bargain and they are still my 'rock skis' which it's sort of nonsense really because the bases and edges are still fine. They have lots of sidecut,camber underfoot and these ridiculous water ski like shovels.As I have improved as a skier I have grown to appreciate them more.

RuthB

Angel Diva
The first Volkl Fuego - really nice hard snow ski. You did need to stay on top of it to get the most out of it and not let it ski you.

My current skis RMU Apostle's. They were bought to replace some 2012 aura's which were retired because the bases have gotten a bit too thin in places. Until I got onto the Apostle's I had no idea how much you have to manage fore / aft balance with the Aura's when transitioning between different snow types and in crud. On the apostle's it's like there is no change in snow texture.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Since @vanhoskier mentioned skiing a ski forever due to 'Love" ahhh...my Picabo's I skied them until there were no edges but they had hype as 1 of the first shaped skis and designed by Picabo so they do go sooo fast I loved them- all 185cm of them, they are still in my loft as I can't seem to part with them hmmmm.. maybe they'll make a return on retro day...
I wish I still had my Fischers. They were still skiable, but coudn't tune them anymore. Those were the skis I learned a lot of technical skills on; they were fast, they held on anything, but were still forgiving in bumps (though I couldn't ski bumps then, so they let me traverse them easily, ha), they managed soft snow fine despite their narrow waist. A sweet, sweet ski. :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Zag Gold skis. They were bought as a bargain and they are still my 'rock skis' which it's sort of nonsense really because the bases and edges are still fine. They have lots of sidecut,camber underfoot and these ridiculous water ski like shovels.As I have improved as a skier I have grown to appreciate them more.
I have a friend on Zag skis (Doug Briggs at Pugski.com) He loves them. I've never been on Zags, but I'm intrigued, considering the kind words from Doug, and now you.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The least hyped ski I loved was the Nordica Wildfire. I spent several days on them at Snowbird in powder and crud, and on groomers, and they were AWESOME everywhere. @SnowHot , didn't you own a pair of Wildfires?

The most hyped ski I hated was the Rossi S7 and the Dynastar Cham 107 or something. OMG, both those things scared me to death. Too.Much.Rocker.
Yes, I had a pair of Wildfires for a couple years. I ended up selling them to my neighbor because she was looking for powder skis. Super fun!
I had a pair of Fischer Progressor 8's that I LOVED. Skied them until there were hardly any edges left.
Don't they have something else in the Fischer line up that is a stand out for Progressor lovers? I know I skied the women's Trinity for a bit last year and really liked it but I think I would probably be too soft for you.
You may want to try the Volkl SC UVO. Its really skinny but super powerful and extremely technical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna