• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kulkea Powder Trekker Boot Bag

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I guess because it's the end of the season; my boot bag has just about had it. It's filthy, I think mostly from putting it on the ground in the muddy parking lot and from putting in my wet, muddy boots after trekking across the parking lot because I'm too lazy to clean them.

For the past few years I've been using a Powder Trekker from Kulkea, which I really like. I'm kind of small, and I don't like a bag that takes up my entire back and looks like it's going to eat me alive. The Powder Trekker is a good size -- not so large that it's hard to handle, but big enough to fit in pretty much everything I need. Plus I love Kulkea: they make great quality stuff. So why mess with success: Yes, I got myself another Powder Trekker. Has anything changed? Well, there are some new colors available. And the goggle compartment on the top of the case now has a hard shell, so it protects your goggles better than it did in the past. Otherwise, it has the same great features and quality,

Here's the one I got:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 4.10.03 PM.png

It's so pristine right now that no, I'm not going to use it until the beginning of next season. I can't bear the thought of gunking it up.

Highly recommend!

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm with you on the mud! Every time I put my skis away inside the bag, it gets a little dirtier. I have tried wiping it out with a damp cloth but can't do much more because it's a heated bag. It's pretty grimy.

That Kulkea looks splendid! Does it hold your helmet, too? My helmet hangs on the outside.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Uh, oh... I might just get a little poorer really soon. I'd hate to copy you, Wendy, but that blue is an awesome color!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I guess because it's the end of the season; my boot bag has just about had it. It's filthy, I think mostly from putting it on the ground in the muddy parking lot and from putting in my wet, muddy boots after trekking across the parking lot because I'm too lazy to clean them.

For the past few years I've been using a Powder Trekker from Kulkea, which I really like. I'm kind of small, and I don't like a bag that takes up my entire back and looks like it's going to eat me alive. The Powder Trekker is a good size -- not so large that it's hard to handle, but big enough to fit in pretty much everything I need. Plus I love Kulkea: they make great quality stuff. So why mess with success: Yes, I got myself another Powder Trekker. Has anything changed? Well, there are some new colors available. And the goggle compartment on the top of the case now has a hard shell, so it protects your goggles better than it did in the past. Otherwise, it has the same great features and quality,

Here's the one I got:

View attachment 15427

It's so pristine right now that no, I'm not going to use it until the beginning of next season. I can't bear the thought of gunking it up.

Highly recommend!
I have the Powder Trekker bag and have even brought on board as a carry on.... United and Southwest... Helmet inside bag.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with you on the mud! Every time I put my skis away inside the bag, it gets a little dirtier. I have tried wiping it out with a damp cloth but can't do much more because it's a heated bag. It's pretty grimy.

That Kulkea looks splendid! Does it hold your helmet, too? My helmet hangs on the outside.

I usually put my helmet in the large center compartment. But on occasion, if I've had too much stuff in there, I've used the helmet sling, like so:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 7.20.26 AM.png

Uh, oh... I might just get a little poorer really soon. I'd hate to copy you, Wendy, but that blue is an awesome color!

No problem.

Last edited:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the heated Kulkea boot bag, and the features are similar. What I'm not crazy about is the little pocket on the top where the zipper might be better placed on the horizontal so the items don't fall out. On your version this section lies on a flatter plane so maybe not an issue.
As for dirty boots, I always take garbage bags to store the boots on the ride home. I don't want dirt and water in my bag either!! I bring bags for every pair of boots that are going to be coming home in my car.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It doesn't look like the center compartment is wide enough for a helmet. I have the Tri Athalon and it holds my boots at an angle making ore room for a helmet n the middle compartment however my boots hot the helmet and dent the sides. Maybe storing a helmet on the outside is a better plan.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I packed away my stuff in my new Dakine boot bag, and @ski diva I can see your point. I’m 5’7” and it’s quite large on me. I can’t imagine on someone in the 5’ range.

Glad we all have OPTIONS!

(ps: y’all, I got the dakine in the begonia and it ended up accidentally matching my Patagonia jacket, it’s pathetic how giddy I was...

PPS ... it fits boots/jacket/pants/gloves/goggles/gaiters/masks) and since it’s going in a dusty basement, I’m throwing it into another bag to protect it, b/c I’m a geek.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't look like the center compartment is wide enough for a helmet. I have the Tri Athalon and it holds my boots at an angle making ore room for a helmet n the middle compartment however my boots hot the helmet and dent the sides. Maybe storing a helmet on the outside is a better plan.

It's definitely wide enough for a helmet. I put mine in there all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly