• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Know Before You Go Avalanche Awareness (Eastern Divas)

MissySki

Angel Diva
https://kbyg.org

Here’s a free avalanche awareness program called Know Before You Go. You can have local avalanche center reps give the presentation so you can get extra details, ask questions, etc. I’m curious if we could get the Mount Washington Avalanche Center to do a virtual Zoom presentation for any divas who might be interested. Especially with how many more people are considering backcountry skiing this season with Covid. I know it doesn’t replace an actual avalanche class, but it might be a good start, and interesting. Anyone could join who is interested, I was just hoping to use the local center in New England in case there are any specific questions for New England terrain and Mount Washington in particular.

I’d be happy to reach out and see if a virtual event would be possible if others are interested!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Even though I have no intention of becoming a backcountry skier, I'd be interested in a virtual presentation geared to Ski Divas. I'm skiing enough steep terrain at big mountains that more knowledge about snow and avalanche potential has been of increasing interest in recent years. Especially having seen first hand the aftermath of the Taos in-bounds fatal avalanche on Kachina just a few days after it happened.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Even though I have no intention of becoming a backcountry skier, I'd be interested in a virtual presentation geared to Ski Divas. I'm skiing enough steep terrain at big mountains that more knowledge about snow and avalanche potential has been of increasing interest in recent years. Especially having seen first hand the aftermath of the Taos in-bounds fatal avalanche on Kachina just a few days after it happened.

Very good point! It’s definitely a big topic on my mind anytime I go West now, and that’s just inbounds.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Unfortunately we haven't had any luck on this, but @elemmac forwarded me a virtual class today that I just signed up for and others might be interested in. There is a free portion this Friday and then also a 3 night series that costs $25 in mid November if you choose to add that on. Take a look and see what you think!

https://esaw.org/

Here is an overview of the topics and schedule:

1603895182879.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly