• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Knee complains off season

newboots

Angel Diva
I honestly don't know how anyone can claim Arnica products are homeopathic. There's tons in every cream that I've tried. Enough that you can smell the flowers. It's just an anti inflammatory plant.

View attachment 7197

I didn't know that! I've seen it labeled homeopathic in many products. That gives me renewed hope!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Jilly

Staff member
The Voltaren here has 1.16% Diclofenac diethylamine. Maybe the concentration is different.

I'm with newboots about some of the homeopathic stuff. Yes some does work, but a lot of it is money down the drain.

altagirl

Staff member
Arnica salves work pretty well for me - I do prefer the thick, ointment type of application. I mean - they're not some miracle cure regrowing torn cartilage or ligaments, but they do make sore joints and muscles feel better for me.

One of my favorites is "Sports Remedy Arnica Salve", which is EVOO, Arnica leaves and flowers, Passionflowr, Yucca Root, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E oil, Rosemary, and essential oils of Cedarwood, Clover, Ginger, Lavender, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme. It smells really good (to me anyway) and the texture of it requires some decent rubbing in to the sore joint, which is think is always beneficial as well. I do think there is benefit to using arnica, and even if not, self massage of a sore joint seems to help with inflammation. And it smells nice... :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
Arnica salves work pretty well for me - I do prefer the thick, ointment type of application. I mean - they're not some miracle cure regrowing torn cartilage or ligaments, but they do make sore joints and muscles feel better for me.

One of my favorites is "Sports Remedy Arnica Salve", which is EVOO, Arnica leaves and flowers, Passionflowr, Yucca Root, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E oil, Rosemary, and essential oils of Cedarwood, Clover, Ginger, Lavender, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme. It smells really good (to me anyway) and the texture of it requires some decent rubbing in to the sore joint, which is think is always beneficial as well. I do think there is benefit to using arnica, and even if not, self massage of a sore joint seems to help with inflammation. And it smells nice... :smile:

I need to rub it in about a half dozen places... I think the issue with arnica was whether or not it's a homeopathic remedy. Seems like everyone finds it useful. I thought it was homeopathic, and the theory around homeopathy never made sense to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna