• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Killington Favorite Trails?

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I'm still coming down off my Killington high, and I wish I would have asked this before our trip, but as the kids and I are talking about our favorite trails (we all agree on Racer's Edge), I'm wondering what the Divas favorite trails are?

I found myself avoiding some black diamonds because I didn't want to be surpised to find moguls on the hill, but in general, I did enjoy the black diamonds a bit more than many of the blue hills. Now I'm disappointed I didn't go down more of them. I did have a blast on Bittersweet and Skylark, though.

When we go back, which hills should I not miss?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite cruisers are Needles Eye and Cruise Control. For weekday fun, I like to play in the Stash, but it's too crowded on the weekends. It's a terrain park, but it always seems to have nice soft snow, dipping in and out of the trees.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
We had a blast over in the easy terrain park. We were also playing in those trees for a few hours. We did not venture onto superstar, but now we were wishing we did. Does that one have moguls?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We had a blast over in the easy terrain park. We were also playing in those trees for a few hours. We did not venture onto superstar, but now we were wishing we did. Does that one have moguls?

There are always some moguls off to the side on the lower part, sometimes moguls on the last steep section.

The cruisers over at Bear Mountain are nice. All of them.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Yes! What are the double blacks like over there? I couldn't gather the nerve to try any of them, but the others were gorgeous!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The double blacks at Bear? Outer Limits is totally bumped and very long. And to be honest, I haven't skied Devil's Fiddle.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Oh, then I'm really glad I didn't try them. I would have hated to run into unexpected bumps!

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:smile: The Mouse Run is becoming to my avatar
It looks like they have renamed the Mouse Trap?

newboots

Angel Diva
I’m not a black diamond skier. I do enjoy Bittersweet, Cruise Control, Needle’s Eye, and all those trails from the Snowdon chair. Solid blue, I guess! Also Rime, Reason, and the easier part of Easy Street!

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
Rime and Reason are good trails to lap with the triple right there to avoid long lines at the base. I also like Bunny Buster on Snowdon and Header on Ramshead is an easy blue I think is good for cruising and practicing turns. :race:

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rime and Reason are good trails to lap with the triple right there to avoid long lines at the base. I also like Bunny Buster on Snowdon and Header on Ramshead is an easy blue I think is good for cruising and practicing turns. :race:

Rime and Reason are especially good now - they are the only ones that are open right now! :smile:

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
During regular season, I enjoy skiing the Bear Claw and Skyeburst on the Bear Mountain. An issue with them though is that they seem to be only good in the early morning, and tend to turn really bad closer to noon. When I skied them the first time in early afternoon, I thought I found myself mistakenly skiing an unmaintained mogul run. The snow waves were so big that I have almost considered taking my skis off, believing that I would not survive those moguls :smile:
The next early morning I tried those runs first and was pleasantly surprised about how nicely skiable, even and hard they are :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
During regular season, I enjoy skiing the Bear Claw and Skyeburst on the Bear Mountain. An issue with them though is that they seem to be only good in the early morning, and tend to turn really bad closer to noon. When I skied them the first time in early afternoon, I thought I found myself mistakenly skiing an unmaintained mogul run. The snow waves were so big that I have almost considered taking my skis off, believing that I would not survive those moguls :smile:
The next early morning I tried those runs first and was pleasantly surprised about how nicely skiable, even and hard they are :smile:

It is my experience that Skyeburst (or was it Skyelark?) is a death trap in the afternoon. My decidedly early intermediate status at the time may have affected this opinion.

:yardsale:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly