• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kids ski goggles sizing

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My almost 4yo has a pair of Giro Chicco goggles and he constantly complains of them hurting his face. I think they're actually too small for him, since they are extended all the way and the lens area seems small compared to his face. I know if I go Giro I can go to the next size up which would be youth Medium, but is there any way to compare sizing across companies so I can shop around for a deal? Are all youth small similar in size across the board?

Sidenote, if anyone in CO is selling some 4-6yo sized goggles holler at me!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm guessing it is like adult goggles, and you really need to try them on for a good fit. My youngest has always had problems with goggle fit. So try on in a shop and hope they have some of last year's color marked down maybe? Or if your kid isn't too picky, go with the same brand as the helmet for compatibility, and shop around for the best deal.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both my kids (age 3 and 5) have Anon Tracker kids goggles, I think there is only one size. They fit well with both our giro and smith youth helmets. I also have a pair of smith youth goggles (not sure of the style name) and they seem small and cover less of their face. I have gotten all our kids goggles on ebay but Sierra Trading Post has a pair for $25 right now.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is driving me crazy at the moment. I just got Atomic Savor junior goggles for my 6 year old but they’re too big. I wish manufacturers would give more of an age recommendation. Even allowing for the fact that my 6 year old is smallish, these looked more like my size.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kids mittens and goggles are the one thing I buy in-store vs. online. The fit varies so much from style to style, and brand to brand that I just can't get the right size without trying them on.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'll probably have to go to a store (which sounds like an AWESOME time with an 18mo and an almost 4yo). Was hoping to catch a deal on them instead of paying full price, but hopefully they will last for a few years at least.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'll probably have to go to a store (which sounds like an AWESOME time with an 18mo and an almost 4yo). Was hoping to catch a deal on them instead of paying full price, but hopefully they will last for a few years at least.
Honestly, if you want to make your life easier, just buy them at the mountain. They are typically only $25 regularly, so maybe you have to pay $30 at the mountain...it might be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly