• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Keystone or Breckenridge this week?

skigirl72

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry for a new thread about the same trip, but it’s a different question! My boss and I are flying out to Denver tomorrow, skiing Wednesday and working Thursday. Keystone and Breckenridge are both on our epic pass, and of course are near each other (both on our way to Avon, which is our final destination) They seem to have a similar amount of terrain open (not much) Neither of us has been to either.

We are both intermediate level, comfortable on blues, blue-black on good days. I ski, he snowboards.

Would one resort or the other be a better bet? Doesn’t really matter? We will most likely stay in Denver Tuesday night, drive out early, ski as long as we can and then drive the rest of the way to beaver creek that evening.
Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't skied either so don't know conditions. We did look at what each have open. The blues at Breck are Dukes and Claim Jumper. Keystone has Prospector and Anticipation on North Peak open. We think that the runs at Keystone will be more interesting. You do have to ride the Gondola to get to them but it's not a big deal.
Weather for next 5 days looks good so no driving issues until Sat. Enjoy!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Would one resort or the other be a better bet? Doesn’t really matter? We will most likely stay in Denver Tuesday night, drive out early, ski as long as we can and then drive the rest of the way to beaver creek that evening.
Haven't ever skied either, but purely from a driving standpoint, Keystone is less of a detour on your way to Beaver Creek. Since VR has made Keystone the "first to open" resort in Colorado for Epic, I'd have higher expectations about open trails than for Breck.

I drove from Denver to Copper a few years ago in March just to check out the bases of Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, and Copper. Had lunch at Keystone and did some people watching. Liked the family oriented vibe. I was in Denver with my non-skiing husband who was attending a professional conference. Afterwards, my ski buddy and I skied a day at A-Basin and then went to Aspen. One of these days, I'll get an Epic Pass and explore Colorado skiing more.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I’ve been to both Keystone and Breckenridge and would recommend Keystone since you just have a day. It’s easier to navigate on a snowboard and more likely to have more open terrain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly