• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Keystone, CO 11-21-22

Amie H

Angel Diva
Gorgeous day, but despite getting there right at first chair, it was quite crowded on the mountain. I was so excited, though, to be on a mountain AND trying out new skis.

I was skiing well but with all the skier traffic, it felt a bit like driving down a hill hitting the breaks. I was so focused on not hitting anyone or getting hit!

I'm not sure if it's my new skis or the boot work I had done, or, maybe just being out of practice/ski shape since April...but I am aching all over right now. It didn't help that on my last run I took a spill - luckily an easy one at slow speed but still...
Here's hoping copious amounts of Advil and Voltaren, and maybe a massage allow me to comfortably ski the next two days while I'm here in Colorado! :chillpill:

There were 12 trails open, 7 lifts. Oddly enough, with the volume of people on the mountain, I was pleasantly surprised by the light lift lines.

Got to the River Run Gondola lot before 9am, no problem parking, small schlep to lift, but not a big deal. Gondola line moved quickly.

Snow was decent! Hardpack with a few inches of fine, softer stuff on top. My first run was a little practice hill by the Ranger lift. May have gotten inthe the ski patrol line, although I swore it says "SINGLES" there, but maybe the Singles line was closed? I swear I'm not a line cutter! Anyway, here's that run:

The rest of the day I was starting on Schoolmarm and hitting most of the open runs branching off it to both the Montezuma and Summit lifts.

I stopped for lunch at the top (there are a few picnic benches, which made for a scenic snack time.) After lunch, I felt tired. I was so excited the night before, I didn't sleep well. That plus skiing all morning had me feeling like the next run would be my last for the day, in order to be safe. Somehow ended up not back at the Gondola but at Summit, so it was easy enough to take a shuttle back to the parking lot - it actually ended up being a lot less walking. Serendipity!

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Got back to my hotel a little before 2, so I was able to sit with my laptop and get my work done before my dinner reservation.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Your second video is surprisingly crowded for a Monday! I guess it is a holiday week... any chance you got a sense of whether most of the people out were locals up for the week, or people traveling from further away? Thanksgiving seems like too early for ski trips for most people but maybe we're still in a post-COVID demand surge situation.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Gorgeous day, but despite getting there right at first chair, it was quite crowded on the mountain. I was so excited, though, to be on a mountain AND trying out new skis.

I was skiing well but with all the skier traffic, it felt a bit like driving down a hill hitting the breaks. I was so focused on not hitting anyone or getting hit!

I'm not sure if it's my new skis or the boot work I had done, or, maybe just being out of practice/ski shape since April...but I am aching all over right now. It didn't help that on my last run I took a spill - luckily an easy one at slow speed but still...
Here's hoping copious amounts of Advil and Voltaren, and maybe a massage allow me to comfortably ski the next two days while I'm here in Colorado! :chillpill:

There were 12 trails open, 7 lifts. Oddly enough, with the volume of people on the mountain, I was pleasantly surprised by the light lift lines.

Got to the River Run Gondola lot before 9am, no problem parking, small schlep to lift, but not a big deal. Gondola line moved quickly.

Snow was decent! Hardpack with a few inches of fine, softer stuff on top. My first run was a little practice hill by the Ranger lift. May have gotten inthe the ski patrol line, although I swore it says "SINGLES" there, but maybe the Singles line was closed? I swear I'm not a line cutter! Anyway, here's that run:

The rest of the day I was starting on Schoolmarm and hitting most of the open runs branching off it to both the Montezuma and Summit lifts.

I stopped for lunch at the top (there are a few picnic benches, which made for a scenic snack time.) After lunch, I felt tired. I was so excited the night before, I didn't sleep well. That plus skiing all morning had me feeling like the next run would be my last for the day, in order to be safe. Somehow ended up not back at the Gondola but at Summit, so it was easy enough to take a shuttle back to the parking lot - it actually ended up being a lot less walking. Serendipity!

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Got back to my hotel a little before 2, so I was able to sit with my laptop and get my work done before my dinner reservation.
The first run's snow looked amazing, so quiet!

I second sure did look quite crowded, and lots of beginner type skiers out. Hope you have a great day today!

Amie H

Angel Diva
Your second video is surprisingly crowded for a Monday! I guess it is a holiday week... any chance you got a sense of whether most of the people out were locals up for the week, or people traveling from further away? Thanksgiving seems like too early for ski trips for most people but maybe we're still in a post-COVID demand surge situation.
The volume of Dallas-themed clothing (including a Cowboys jacket, YUCK) made me assume a lot of Texans visiting.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Apologies to any Texans here for my slight, but I can't help it, I'm a diehard Philadelphia Eagles fan!

Amie H

Angel Diva
I. 2018, I was at Breck the same week: Sun-Thurs of Turkey week. It was a TON of Texan then, too. One guy told me the whole extended family drove up, car loaded w food & cooking supplies, family dinner slopeside, even Grandma!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly