• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Keystone Blues and transportation

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi all! Quick question - which blue trails in Keystone would you say should be the first to try after the greens? Ideally long and wide with no sudden headwalls that dip into dark blue/ black territory.
Also- I am taking a shuttle from the airport but what are the options to go from the resort area (Dillon) back into the Denver City Center? The shuttle service only goes back to the airport so I was hoping there would be a more direct option.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check out Bustang. It will pick you up at the Frisco Transit Center and they go to Union Station a few blocks from city center park.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve never been there before! Heading up this weekend! :smile: I was looking at the trail map and noticed that there didnt seem to be a lot of green options outside of schoolmarm. (At least not as much as Copper when I was comparing them) So I figure I will have to venture into the blues sooner or later. So yes- where would you go first after graduating from schoolmarm without risk of getting over terrained and stuck. I’m comfortable on the greens and blues in my home mountain in PA but want to ease myself into the blues over there :smile:

Fitmom

Certified Ski Diva
I second Flying Dutchman to river run! I went for the first time last month. Mozart is my all time favorite. I’d definitely hit that afterbuou warm up a bit. It’s wide but long.

I’ll be there this weekend! Maybe we will see each other?! We will warm up on schoolmarm then probably hit up Spring Dipper. When I went last month I decided to stay away from Santa Fe and Whipsaw. Those had moguls and I’ve nevwr done those. We basically hit all the blues except for those and a few on outback. If you go to NorthPeak Anticipation is a nice run as well!

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Peaheartsmama I have never skied in the East and am not familiar with the resorts in your area so I don’t know how they compare to Keystone. Schoolmarm is green but it is VERY long (3.5 miles) and it is not exactly flat/easy. I’d start at Schoolmarm and see how comfortable you are with it before jumping onto blues. I like the top half of Mozart but it gets narrower and all the black runs merge onto Mozart, and it can get icy due to the lack of sun in the area. Spring Dipper is a nice easier blue.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, That’s exactly the plan :smile: Since have three days I just figured I’ll eventually want to wander outside the 2 main options for greens runs. Here Where I ski the trails are pretty short so even if you do reach an area with more pitch it’s rarely more than 5-6 good turns long before it flattens out again. I’ve signed up for group lessons while I’m there since they are running a terrific promotion right now (buy 2 get one free plus $35 lift tickets!) . I’m sure I’ll have a much better feel for the terrain options once I do that too.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow that’s a great deal! Be prepared for long lift lines especially at the River Run gondola. Longest I have waited on a weekend was 1 hr!
I learned how to ski at Keystone and I still remember coming down Schoolmarm after my morning lesson and it took forever...

Jenny

Angel Diva
You can always ride the chairlift that starts right near the gondola, too. It goes to the top and we usually did that rather than take our skis on and off and on and off and . . . .

I recall liking a blue that was over on skier's right of the mountain - Jackwhacker, maybe? Looks right on the map anyway. The only specific that I can recall, though, is that there was one place where we had to remember to go left or else it fed onto a slope with moguls. Luckily, Keystone has info people that could probably tell you what blue slope would be the first best step after Schoolmarm.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow that’s a great deal! Be prepared for long lift lines especially at the River Run gondola. Longest I have waited on a weekend was 1 hr!
I learned how to ski at Keystone and I still remember coming down Schoolmarm after my morning lesson and it took forever...

Yes it was a great deal! Compared to daily lift rates it’s almost like the 3 full days of lessons are free! (Hopefully that comes with ability to skip the loft lines too!)

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at Keystone earlier this winter. We started at the Peru Lift. (took a bus from condo to mt- walked across the street and took Resort bus to Peru lift) there's a nice small day lodge 9$ for a basket for your stuff or 5$ for a locker. LOTS Of Blues off that lift and Lots of nice cruisers off all the lifts (Except if you took the cat ride)

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
I would suggest Spring Dipper as a start from Schoolmarm. Mozart is one of my least favourite runs at Keystone, and I have heard it described as one of the most dangerous in Colorado. It is very busy with people heading from the front side to the back, and since it faces the sun it can be icy with thaw and freeze cycles. Prospector and Last Alamo are fun runs in the middle. I won't ski Elk Run at the back because of the number of skiers who think it is their personal downhill run. If you want a challenge, Oh Bob is a blue bump run. On the front side, you could also try Paymaster or Wild Irishman.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you - yes I think I will start at spring Dipper for sure - and maybe Flying Dutchman into the lower greens next.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I doubt if you'll have to worry about icy conditions. Keystone got 17" of snow last night. Should be good conditions, sun is not coming out today, snow all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly