• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ken Jones Demo Day @ Loon 12/7/18

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recall the 169 last year (in the 100) being WAY too much ski for me, and I ski the 169 pre-titanal version just fine (except yes, in tight spaces, it's a lot of length to get around.) I cannot recall if I skied the 93 in a 161 or 169.

All I know is that the 88 in a 165 is MONEY for me. I skied it this afternoon in horrible flat light, about 2 to 3 inches or up to 8 inches (windbuff, that I couldn't see until I was IN it) scraped off in spots, and giggled a lot. They are a BLAST.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I recall the 169 last year (in the 100) being WAY too much ski for me, and I ski the 169 pre-titanal version just fine (except yes, in tight spaces, it's a lot of length to get around.) I cannot recall if I skied the 93 in a 161 or 169.

All I know is that the 88 in a 165 is MONEY for me. I skied it this afternoon in horrible flat light, about 2 to 3 inches or up to 8 inches (windbuff, that I couldn't see until I was IN it) scraped off in spots, and giggled a lot. They are a BLAST.
Did you buy the Volkl Secret as well? Thought I saw somewhere you bought those? Also you like the Santa Ana 88 better than your Black Pearl 88's? I'm still in the market for a 90 ish underfoot ski. Also considering Sheeva 9.

lisamamot

Angel Diva

I finally found a site that is listing a 172 in this. Every other hit had 165 being the longest! Now to actually find that at a demo - bahahhahahaha

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you buy the Volkl Secret as well? Thought I saw somewhere you bought those? Also you like the Santa Ana 88 better than your Black Pearl 88's? I'm still in the market for a 90 ish underfoot ski. Also considering Sheeva 9.
I did get the Secrets after two days at Targhee in soft, hero snow. But, they are too stiff for me for our normal conditions here at Snowbasin. They are a super ski (my BF even got on them, because I was grousing that "something's wrong" when I got on them here. Demo bindings. His comment: "that's a damn good skiing ski!") I definitely like the SA 88 better than the BPs, as I was looking for something damper and stiffer, and better overall in powder, and they are all of the above vs. the BPs.

If you decide on the Sheeva 9s, hit me up, I'm selling mine that have been skied all of 3 days. They really are SUPER fun. I just like the Santa Ana 88s better.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I did get the Secrets after two days at Targhee in soft, hero snow. But, they are too stiff for me for our normal conditions here at Snowbasin. They are a super ski (my BF even got on them, because I was grousing that "something's wrong" when I got on them here. Demo bindings. His comment: "that's a damn good skiing ski!") I definitely like the SA 88 better than the BPs, as I was looking for something damper and stiffer, and better overall in powder, and they are all of the above vs. the BPs.

If you decide on the Sheeva 9s, hit me up, I'm selling mine that have been skied all of 3 days. They really are SUPER fun. I just like the Santa Ana 88s better.
I would except I'd need a 157! Was supposed to be skiing this whole week and maybe demoing some skis, but finally went to dr as coughing and flu etc and got put on antibiotics so now resting and trying to get better! So hopefully will go to Tahoe all next week but now BF is feeling symptoms..... Anyhow, totally interested in trying the SA 88's so always good to hear what you report!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would except I'd need a 157! Was supposed to be skiing this whole week and maybe demoing some skis, but finally went to dr as coughing and flu etc and got put on antibiotics so now resting and trying to get better! So hopefully will go to Tahoe all next week but now BF is feeling symptoms..... Anyhow, totally interested in trying the SA 88's so always good to hear what you report!
Sorry to hear you've been sick. Ugh, it's that time of year! And yes, get out on those SA 88s when you can. I forgot you'd need a shorter ski than my Sheevas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna