• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Alliance Ad misleading?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For years the only photos of women in ski ads were half naked women. This is way better! I Guess I'm not easily offended, being woman who raced (and won) against men via Title 9. Seems I Have put up with male chauvinism my whole life. :-(

Women deal with all kinds of manly barriers that can and have been broken by women. YEAH DIVAS!

I'm glad to see they have a woman doing something most men don't even know how to do and she's dressed properly not in a bathing suit to get hot wax on herself!

I'm w/ @mustski I'll iron my skis much more than my clothes.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For years the only photos of women in ski ads were half naked women. This is way better! I Guess I'm not easily offended, being woman who raced (and won) against men via Title 9. Seems I Have put up with male chauvinism my whole life. :-(

Women deal with all kinds of manly barriers that can and have been broken by women. YEAH DIVAS!

I'm glad to see they have a woman doing something most men don't even know how to do and she's dressed properly not in a bathing suit to get hot wax on herself!

I'm w/ @mustski I'll iron my skis much more than my clothes.
I know we shared this information with the divas awhile back in a trivia post, but another thing that K2 has done right is the first women's ski program they had was T9, for Title 9.
The idea was to make a women's line of skis that stood up to the men's side of the wall.
In fact, (maybe I've posted this before) but we were involved with the development of the Mindbender series. The Y bone construction was originally only in the Alliance(women's) skis, but it worked so well, they used the construction in the men's skis.

As for my clothing iron, I use it only when I absolutely have to but most of the time I just throw my clothing back in the dryer with a damp cloth to (hopefully) get the wrinkles out.

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
Anyone tried these? Particularly the 88 Ti? :smile:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last edited:

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I denied the 98 TI 161 at Taos when we got that 18” of powder. I really liked them. They were damp and responsive and did well for me in powder - although I don’t have anything to compare them to.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I denied the 98 TI 161 at Taos when we got that 18” of powder. I really liked them. They were damp and responsive and did well for me in powder - although I don’t have anything to compare them to.
I also have the 98 Ti in a 170.
Freaking love these skis.

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
I've been skiing it for over a year. In fact, its coming out of my ski review lineup and I am listing mine for sale. Size 170 if anyone is interested.
See my review here.
https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-k2-mindbender-88ti-alliance.17634/
Long term review:
https://www.pugski.com/threads/long-term-review-k2-mindbender-88ti-alliance.13833/

Thank you! That’s very helpful. Looks like I will be picking up a pair tomorrow. My nephew is a good salesman (K2 rep, works at Ski Cellar in Calgary, AB).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly