• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Just impulse bought new skis

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I have the Tyrolia Attack 12 (only available on white). Attack 13s get good recs too. They are nice to step into and are fairly light too.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I opted for Look bindings over Marker when I bought the demo Stormrider 85 skis in Taos. Didn't want to keep the heavier demo bindings. They are Look Dual WTR 12.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to jump down on them to get them to lock in!
RIGHT?! I feel like such a noob when I click into these. I've found that in my second season on them (they are on my Black Crows Vertis) with being more consistent about resistance training on my legs, I can click into them much, much easier. That said that's only if it's a groomer hard pack day. Forget it if it's soft!

Any suggestion on bindings?
I LOVE my Salomon Wardens. I also have the Guardians as my AT set up binding. They feel sturdy and strong. I also have Marker Griffons - they are stiff binding and can be hard to get into. I did NOT like the Marker Squire, I felt like I was going to ski right out of them! I've heard good things about the Attacks, and Pivots!

Bookworm

Angel Diva
RIGHT?! I feel like such a noob when I click into these. I've found that in my second season on them (they are on my Black Crows Vertis) with being more consistent about resistance training on my legs, I can click into them much, much easier. That said that's only if it's a groomer hard pack day. Forget it if it's soft!

I LOVE my Salomon Wardens. I also have the Guardians as my AT set up binding. They feel sturdy and strong. I also have Marker Griffons - they are stiff binding and can be hard to get into. I did NOT like the Marker Squire, I felt like I was going to ski right out of them! I've heard good things about the Attacks, and Pivots!
One of my frustrating falls at Deer Valley, I fell into some kind of well so when I stood up, I was in waist deep snow. I could not get my boot back into the ski with those dammed bindings. Thanks to an extremely helpful, patient young man, I finally got them in. They are so tough to click on!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Sierra trading post has Rustler 10s - so I decided to give them a try can’t wait for them to show up (gotta love 25% off coupons!). I have 8 or 9 year old S7s that have over 200 days on them. Hopefully these are as fun. Any suggestion on bindings?
I have been very tempted! I have the Sheeva 9 and could happily own the Rustler 10 (I demoed the Sheeva 10 for a day at Big Sky, same ski). My kind of ski. Hope you love them too!!

angelaskis

Certified Ski Diva
I HATE my Griffons on my old Black pearls I have to jump down on them to get them to lock in!

I laughed aloud (mostly with relief) at these comments — echoes my experience with the Griffons perfectly. They are super annoying and I thought maybe they were adjusted wrong the first time. My right one is always trickier and requires hard stomping.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I laughed aloud (mostly with relief) at these comments — echoes my experience with the Griffons perfectly. They are super annoying and I thought maybe they were adjusted wrong the first time. My right one is always trickier and requires hard stomping.
I didn't even get a chance to demo them either, had I demoed them I probably would have gotten Wardens again! That said I feel super secure in them which makes me happy. Even though they're an absolute bear to use!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Is this the I hated my Griffons support group?
e25fd607956c7a7ab10d555dea389ac8.gif

I will say, I did feel like they broke in a bit after the first year or so and it got a little easier to click into them, BUT the mechanism (clicking in or on release) was never smooth like on my other bindings.

To the OP, @Moonrocket , I've been happy with both Look and Tyrolia bindings. I've got Looks on my Yumis, and I believe my race bindings are made by Tyrolia for Head. I definitely had Tyrolia bindings on my old Kastles and liked them.

ETA: Actually, ignore me... I had Squires (it's been a couple years). But they were also awful. In Marker's defense, I had a set of Marker junior bindings on my Line twin tips many years ago and they were fine.

Last edited:

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just following up to say first day was weird (felt like my left leg kept getting left a few inches behind...) but three days in I am loving these skis!!!!

The bindings are soo easy to step into (I looked like total goober the first few times forcing my toe out the front by stepping too hard) but I had no issues with them releasing skiing really steep stuff.

Thank you for the advice ladies!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna