• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jump Rope for Cardio?

marzNC

Angel Diva
This is a good band walk: . . . [video]
Great video! That certainly looks like what I did during PT for knee rehab. Also did band walks a few times with my personal trainer before I was ready for the TRX and other exercises for the glutes. She often suggests a new exercise or two during a session so I can learn proper form. Then I can do them at home if I find them of interest. (Only do personal training a few months a year, most in the fall.)

Adductors and abductors are the other muscles that I remember working on with band exercises during knee PT.

MissySki

Angel Diva
This is a good band walk:

Banded good morning:

https://www.norcalsc.com/movement-monday-banded-good-mornings/

I like to drop my hips about 4 inches on this one and keep that position static throughout the movement - sinking down first with the back straight and then drop, hinge until shins are vertical and do the movement from there keeping the knees constant throughout the movement. Love this one.

Interesting, I think I do like the band placement being on the feet here. I did have this exercise in my workout, but they have you put the band around your ankles, and I could see how that could allow for a lot more range of motion without realizing it. Something I do need to pay attention to because I'm hyperflexible in my joints, so they are very loosey goosey, including my knees. I was surprised how much this movement did resonate in my outer thighs, it's a good one.

I have a long commute and then a desk job (though my desk is adjustable, so I've been trying to stand sometimes). it's been making me paranoid that my butt should be the focus of a fair number of workouts with all of that sitting, hence the butt/thigh specific workouts! Though honestly those have always been my target areas of wanting improvement.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly