• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jenny injures her ankle at Mammoth

Jenny

Angel Diva
0A5A7A08-001A-434B-A120-063B08E031A6.jpeg

Icing my ankle. . . Probably just a sprain, but end of the fun this trip for me! DH will still have two days (Squaw and Alpine Meadows). Hope this turns out to be minor - we have another trip planned in April . . .

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
View attachment 8548

Icing my ankle. . . Probably just a sprain, but end of the fun this trip for me! DH will still have two days (Squaw and Alpine Meadows). Hope this turns out to be minor - we have another trip planned in April . . .

I liked it not because I like that you sprained your ankle - but just sending you good wishes for your april trip ;) and think about getting a compression bandage for during the day - when I sprained my ankle last year, it helped a ton and kept swelling down. Feel better!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I liked it not because I like that you sprained your ankle - but just sending you good wishes for your april trip ;) and think about getting a compression bandage for during the day - when I sprained my ankle last year, it helped a ton and kept swelling down. Feel better!
How long did it take you to be able to ski? Doing a survey . . .

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jenny how were roads to Reno?

On your ankle do you have arnica? there's tabs to eat internally and the lotion. that helps a lot. Keep icing I skied 10days after sprain, I put a elastic brace on it to help and couldn't do anything extreme.. (bumps)

hope it's feeling better!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Still icing all I can and bought a brace to wear, too. Have arnica at home, but not with me.

Roads were interesting - a couple of pretty much white out spots, and we didn't drive faster than about 40 until we got to Sonora. Rain line was about 7000 feet. Luckily, didn't seem to be any winds at all. Pretty grey, miserable day though.

We're all checked in at Squaw and can hear some explosions which we assume are any control. Still seems to be more rain here than anything else, but I think it's going to be better tomorrow.

And while DH and @Pequenita are skiing, the resort thoughtfully has some crafting class I can do tomorrow afternoon. (Note - I am NOT crafty. At all.)

We also bought wine.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jenny glad you are there safely, sorry not skiing, if there are health food stores they may have arnica. (I found some in Sun Valley) since it is the skiers friend.. :-)

Jenny

Angel Diva
Fingers crossed for you all.

Here's my bruising/swelling. Purty, isn't it?

9C761C43-B026-42AB-AF4C-76D232763600.jpeg

I had DH take a picture 'cause I can't twist the foot around to really see it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ooh you can see the bruise and swelling.. Keep icing. Heard squaw was rainy today

Jenny

Angel Diva
OUCH! Can you walk?

Wishing you fast healing!
Walk is probably a generous word for what I’m doing, but yeah, I can move around under my own steam. Very slowly.

And yes, Squaw is pretty yucky right now. The whole drive here was either in snow, wintry mix, or rain. Pretty grey and miserable, but supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

If I have the energy I can use my MCP Squaw day to ride the tram and go to the Olympic Museum. There's also a demonstration of ancient skiing techniques somewhere that I’m wondering if I can manage.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yeah, I'm in this camp, too. I even asked her this morning if she was walking on it/had crutches.

@Jenny - what's the crafting class? Only 2 lifts are scheduled to be opened tomorrow, so I may have some free time...
@Pequenita - any suggestions where to go in this area? I see there's something right in the village, so I could go tomorrow morning.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rut row.. Go get it checked! I Hope yours is not broken but looks a lot like mine when mine was broken..I didn't go to Dr for 3 wks after I fell.
Don't be a Mel...
Good news. The Ortho didn't do anything for it. Told me to go buy a better brace (with metal support on sides) and be careful.
I actually went to Disney World and walked miles, I wore a brace and ate aspirin.
I ramped up my Vit D, internal and external arnica and Calcium, 8wks from fall it was healed!! at 59yrs old I grew bone!!
I hope your's is just sprained..

Attachments

• broke ankle.jpg
    broke ankle.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly