• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jenny injures her ankle at Mammoth

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This has been a difficult ski season. (A) I haven't skied yet and (B) I twisted my foot on Jan. 28. And the big weeklong ski trip to Snowmass is coming up in 2 weeks.

I've been soldiering on--mustering fortitude or gritting my teeth at the circumstances responsible for the former, and aggressively treating the latter. I can move with more or less my usual pace and grace (ha), except I still have less range of movement going downstairs with the injury. I switched to pool workouts, and am lucky my Y has hydro bootcamp classes. I haven't had the nerve to go back to regular workouts yet. I can get into my boots, but I'm not sure how I'm going to hold up through the vacation.

I am excited for the trip, but the fact is I've been really sad for months. My consolation for the rest of the ski season is that it looks like my home mountain will have snow into June or even July.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I feel your pain @VickiK. Did you go to the doctor and get a diagnosis, or wasn't it necessary? FWIW, my ankle feels really good in the boots, and actually a little looser after skiing (at least for a few hours) so be patient on the regular workouts and you don't set yourself back before Snowmass!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, @Christy.

I fell when my foot twisted under me on an uneven surface (those shoes are now banished) but the swelling and the pain wasn't bad enough to make me fear a worse issue. Ice and Ibuprofen at night helped a lot in the first couple of days. Recovery has been progressing fairly steady since then--less swelling, soreness going to mild tenderness, and more mobility. So, I did not see a doctor. I might still, fwiw.

Water workouts are fun. So different...I'm sure I'd be sweating if I did similar workouts out of the water.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch, @VickiK, on not skiing yet and on the injury. Was just thinking the other day about your upcoming ski trip ... hope you have stellar conditions. The time away can be rejuvenating.

mustski

Angel Diva
Sorry @VickiK to hear about your injury. Snowmass was awesome and there are lots of easy cruising, rolling runs so you should be able to take it easy and still have lots of fun!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Reading your words of encouragement and sympathy helps. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna