• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jenny injures her ankle at Mammoth

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the feather boa makes it.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the feather boa makes it.
It does indeed. Without the boa, it would just look ... I dunno ... cheap.

But, @Jenny, if you don't like the boa, you could substitute fringe or trim with pom poms on it. Something sparkly would be a nice touch. How about glittery toenails?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thinking of you. When does it come off?

Jenny

Angel Diva

I'm free! I can walk!

Still with the crutches and the boot but it's basically up to me to progress to wearing shoes in 4 weeks.

And I only have to wear the boot when I'm putting weight on it. So sitting around the house and sleeping my foot can be naked!

Gonna give it about a week of me moving it here at home, and then get started with PT. He prescribed six weeks, 2-3 times a week.

Now to soak off the dead skin and get started pointing and flexing, everting and inverting, and circling.

(As for the strange hair growth, didn't happen. Honestly, I don’t even need to shave.)

mustski

Angel Diva
Congrats on your newly found nakedness! I think you should completely bling out your boot with sparkles and fur. The next time you are talked down to by a sales ski ass, bring it in and ask if they have anything similar in yellow!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Ended up having my first PT appointment today. Dave has really, really, really strong thumbs, and used them to massage the heck out of my foot, trying to reduce the fluid retention. I hope it works - there's a spot on the bottom of my foot, kind of the pad right between the big toe and the one next to it, that tightens right up when I do my pointing/flexing. So then I have to stop and massage it until it loosens up enough to do a few more.

He also measured the angles of the dorsiflexion/pointing of good foot and bad foot. I warned him that my dorsiflexion is limited, so when he measured the good foot he wasn't surprised. What he said was "Hmmm, yeah.", still with a little surprise in his voice, despite the warning.

And, according to the insurance company, we have unlimited PT visits. Good to know.

I do have to say, my foot is pretty unhappy about having to walk again. And where the incision/injury isn't the worst of it. The biggest problem is the burning on the sole, in addition to just the pressure of being used again. Hope it calms down soon. It makes me not want to get up and walk but I need to. Gotta keep on the timeline the doc gave me. It feels like a regression, but I know it's not.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Oh, and I forgot to mention the super sensitive skin. That's fun. Last night I had to rip off my sock and the bedsheets that were touching my foot. It was more violent than when you get a hot flash! But those went away, so this will, too. Because that's how it works.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly