• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jenny injures her ankle at Mammoth

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did a big "oops" when my knee was fractured. I lived in a townhouse. If my neighbors were home, I am sure they heard my scream. I confessed to the doctor and expected some tests to see how badly I damaged it. He blew it off with "yeah, happens all the time".

Maybe this is why they preferred a hard cast for you.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I have to say - to everyone that lived alone when they had leg injuries involving casts, crutches and such - I don’t know how you did it. I know you do what you have to do, but DH has been simply wonderful and I can't really fathom going through this alone.

newboots

Angel Diva
It’s hard to imagine if it only tingled and didn’t hurt, that it could have caused any damage. I’m glad you’re being so careful!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Who wants to listen to me whine?

Have I mentioned how my leg feels like I imagine Restless Leg Syndrome would feel? Or like it has Tourette's? Every evening there are twitches and jumps, and pulses, and tingles, and burns.

Ever seen this episode of Blue Planet?

At around 1:00-1:10, where the cuttlefish is mesmerizing its prey? That’s the way my foot sensations felt the other night.

24 more days in the cast. 24.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're not whining much. You need to ramp it up a bit. Here's some material to work with ...

It adds insult to injury (so to speak) that you were a model patient from the very moment of impact. You went to the doctor locally and got a preliminary diagnosis. You followed up with a doctor at home. Then physical therapy and exercises ... you performed all of that religiously. It's NOT FAIR that you had to have surgery. And you followed all of that protocol with equal diligence. You've tried to be Perfect throughout this and your DH has been a dream in terms of support. It's NOT FAIR that the injury continues to plague you during the healing process.

Then you pick up the glass of cider, chug it, wipe your mouth on your shoulder, and pouty-ask DH for a refill.

Jenny

Angel Diva
You're not whining much. You need to ramp it up a bit. Here's some material to work with ...

It adds insult to injury (so to speak) that you were a model patient from the very moment of impact. You went to the doctor locally and got a preliminary diagnosis. You followed up with a doctor at home. Then physical therapy and exercises ... you performed all of that religiously. It's NOT FAIR that you had to have surgery. And you followed all of that protocol with equal diligence. You've tried to be Perfect throughout this and your DH has been a dream in terms of support. It's NOT FAIR that the injury continues to plague you during the healing process.

Then you pick up the glass of cider, chug it, wipe your mouth on your shoulder, and pouty-ask DH for a refill.
Thank you. Beautifully articulated.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier - how’s the BF's knee?

Thanks for asking... So he's off crutches and wears knee brace with hinges 100% of time during day and evenings. His knee still feels "tweaky" now and then. He's walking but not supposed to ride bike yet or do any running.... He can ride stationary bike (but doesn't) as PT doesn't want him on his bike with clipless pedals yet....

Jenny

Angel Diva
So, trying to find something on skin sensitivity while in a cast and came across this gem. Article was actually focused on after the cast but this made me do a double take!

Realize that flaky skin and strange hair growth is to be expected in the area that was in the cast.​
STRANGE hair growth? Like, how strange? Different colors? Messages spelled out in hair?

The imagination runs wild . . .

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, trying to find something on skin sensitivity while in a cast and came across this gem. Article was actually focused on after the cast but this made me do a double take!

Realize that flaky skin and strange hair growth is to be expected in the area that was in the cast.​
STRANGE hair growth? Like, how strange? Different colors? Messages spelled out in hair?

The imagination runs wild . . .[/QUOTE

LOL... don't worry yes, it will grow in some spots and not in others, I didn't have any messages LOL. Now my imagination is going wild, glad I didn't read that when I was in a cast..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna