• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jay Peak May Be Sold to Pacific Resorts

marzNC

Angel Diva
Does this mean the Perfect family now owns Jay?
No. PGRI stands for Pacific Group Resorts, Inc. PGRI owns and/or operates Wintergreen in VA, Wisp in MD in the southeast. Also Ragged in NH and Powderhorn in CO.

The Perfect family own and operate Perfect North in IN and Timberline in WV.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
No. PGRI stands for Pacific Group Resorts, Inc. PGRI owns and/or operates Wintergreen in VA, Wisp in MD in the southeast. Also Ragged in NH and Powderhorn in CO.

The Perfect family own and operate Perfect North in IN and Timberline in WV.
Ah darn. They did so well with Timberline, I was hoping they'd repeat their success at Jay Peak

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ah darn. They did so well with Timberline, I was hoping they'd repeat their success at Jay Peak
Very different situations and regions. Jay Peak is a 4-season destination resort with a much larger mountain and resort than Timberline or Perfect North. That's been true for Jay for folks in New England and Québec for quite a while in the same way that Massanutten has been a 4-season resort for the DC and northern Virginia region for over 50 years.

The Perfect family spent $10 million getting Timberline going again after buying it for about $3 million. The budget for capital projects that Jay will need eventually is much larger. PGRI spent $76 million just to purchase Jay. Timberline has two chairlifts and a small hotel with no services (not even a check in desk in the building) and about 25 rooms. Jay has a gondola, six chairlifts, an indoor waterpark, a golf course, and a conference hotel.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Very different situations and regions. Jay Peak is a 4-season destination resort with a much larger mountain and resort than Timberline or Perfect North. That's been true for Jay for folks in New England and Québec for quite a while in the same way that Massanutten has been a 4-season resort for the DC and northern Virginia region for over 50 years.

The Perfect family spent $10 million getting Timberline going again after buying it for about $3 million. The budget for capital projects that Jay will need eventually is much larger. PGRI spent $76 million just to purchase Jay. Timberline has two chairlifts and a small hotel with no services (not even a check in desk in the building) and about 25 rooms. Jay has a gondola, six chairlifts, an indoor waterpark, a golf course, and a conference hotel.
Yes, very different! Hopefully I'll get to visit next season to compare with my trip this season. Fingers crossed for positive progress

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a Ragged passholder and received an email this week announcing Pacific's purchase of and an offer of 4 free tickets to Jay! We'll definitely be making the trip north sometime this winter. I haven't been to Jay since I was a young kid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna