• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

January was one of the best for the Tetons/Jackson Hole in past few years

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While January started with a particularly intense cold snap, it has been game on ever since, with only a single warm spell episode. This has meant big smiles as the snow has been cold and chalky, and coverage more than decent enough for almost the entire mountain to be skiing super well.

On the flip side, back country conditions have been worrisome as a few weak layers persist.

Hoping things continue the way they have. Coldish temps and regular snow dumps!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
snoWYmonkey, I am leaving Steamboat this Saturday for Jackson. I'm aware of the situation the resort is going through these past few days. Is the road to Targhee passable if visitors need to ski up there instead until reopening?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great question. Answers may be obsolete by the time you get here. Road, teton pass hwy 22, from Jackson to Targhee is for certain closed until Saturday morning...maybe longer. Two big hwy blowers broken.

From what I can see the road once in Idaho up to the Ghee is good. We do have extreme avalanche danger at lower elevations today. I would have food, water, and warm clothes and meds in car at all times.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
snoWYmonkey, I am leaving Steamboat this Saturday for Jackson. I'm aware of the situation the resort is going through these past few days. Is the road to Targhee passable if visitors need to ski up there instead until reopening?
They are hoping to get the road between Jackson and Targhee open by this afternoon and Jackson Hole ski area open by Monday. My fingers are crossed...not so good at being holed up in the house.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heading to Targhee in two weeks and I am really excited!
Sweet! Probably heading over there tomorrow as Jackson is reopening Monday...and I must ski!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sweet! Probably heading over there tomorrow as Jackson is reopening Monday...and I must ski!
Is Jackson definitely reopening Monday? I will say, were it to be closed the weekend we were planning on Targhee, we were probably going to re-route because of all the JH skiers that would be there. We are going there because of it's quietness and cute village. (I'm very excited! I've never been!)

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is Jackson definitely reopening Monday? I will say, were it to be closed the weekend we were planning on Targhee, we were probably going to re-route because of all the JH skiers that would be there. We are going there because of it's quietness and cute village. (I'm very excited! I've never been!)
Yes, they are testing all systems today. Looks like it may not be all lifts on day one.Screenshot_20170212-054747.png

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I made it up to Jackson from Steamboat on Saturday. No problems on any of the roads. Went to Targhee Sunday with everyone else in the region! Not a particularly good day for snow conditions, however the scenery was gorgeous. I've never been skiing in Wyoming. On Monday I took a lesson with one other student and I believe we rode every single lift, including the tram. Lessons are a perfect way to learn the mountain and what skills you need to navigate it. Jackson Hole is simply stunning. Such a great place to ski!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I made it up to Jackson from Steamboat on Saturday. No problems on any of the roads. Went to Targhee Sunday with everyone else in the region! Not a particularly good day for snow conditions, however the scenery was gorgeous. I've never been skiing in Wyoming. On Monday I took a lesson with one other student and I believe we rode every single lift, including the tram. Lessons are a perfect way to learn the mountain and what skills you need to navigate it. Jackson Hole is simply stunning. Such a great place to ski!
Same here. Skied the Ghee on Sunday. So fun. Busy, but lines moved fast. Taught back at Jackson Monday. Two stellar weather days. Miss the winter snow a bit already...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly