• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jackson Hole Early March 2019

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from 3 days skiing at Jackson. We arrived right after all the snow and had good conditions, lots of moguls the first day but after that more of the runs were groomed. I was told they had staffing issues due to the avalanche blocking the pass. I found that overall the trails are steeper than most resorts but they have blue trails and double blues which are a bit steeper. There is no shortage of super steep bump runs. The top has a beautiful huge bowl (rendezvous) that had the most amazing snow on the mountain. There is also an amazing waffle place up there if you are cold and want to hang at the top for a bit.

I don't think I spent any time on green trails, they seemed to be a little harder to end up on unless you were looking for them. I was there sat-Monday and all days were busy with lines at the popular lifts during peak skiing times. The tram line took between 30-50 minutes. We went in for lunch at the top of the gondola at 11:15 on the weekend days and were easily able to grab a big table but getting in any later that that meant hunting for seats. The food there was great with lots of tasty options.

I stayed in Jackson at Snow King which backs up to a little in town ski area that offers night skiing, tubing and that snow coaster thing. I was with a vary large group that was split between the condos and hotel rooms. I heard the rooms were nice and convenient. The condos were okay and there are a few reasons I wouldn't recommend them: long walk to the hot tub and bus/shuttle in addition they varied greatly in how modern they were. I was in an older one but some others in the group had a really modern one.

Getting around in town and to and from the resort from Jackson was frustrating at times. We had two options, the hotel shuttle and city bus. Our hotel shuttle wasn't always available and often filled up quickly for the trips to and from the resort. The city buy was easy for getting around town but you had to pay $3 cash (or download an app and pay on your phone) for every ride. Leaving the resort in the afternoon the buses were super full and there was a mad rush to get on the one you wanted. There was the option to call an uber but there was limited availability for those as well.

One really cool thing about Jackson was there are moose everywhere! I didn't see one, but many people in my group had random sightings, both on the slopes and at the condos!

I'm excited to be at Jackson again and am getting ready to get my Ikon pass for next year.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tough to get used to at first but by day 3 I loved them. Maybe it was the fast snow+new bases but initially but I felt I was going too fast easily and having to dump speed all the time. Man my quads were tired!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna