• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Items labelled "unisex" or gendered that crack you up

Jenny

Angel Diva
I had a friend who didn't remember that the tissue she had available had menthol in it. Refreshing!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I once used a wet nap to clean up after a pee break on a mountain bike ride.

Don't do that.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This quote from Shebeest cycle clothing-
"FINALLY, lightweight stretch mountain bike shorts that allow you to still look like a girl and not be weighed down by excess bulk!"
Seriously when I'm sweaty,muddy,dusty,caked in dried blood or whatever looking like a girl is the last thing on my mind.Plus my baggy shorts are weighing me down.Really????I sort of hope they are being tongue in cheek.

https://www.shebeest.com/collections/mountain/products/wild-west-skinny-americano-short-flamingo

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"FINALLY, lightweight stretch mountain bike shorts that allow you to still look like a girl and not be weighed down by excess bulk!"
Are they saying that one has to be skinny/non-bulky to look like a girl? :mad2:

What's next? "Skinny" space suits? "Skinny" safety helmets? "Skinny" climbing ropes?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seriously when I'm sweaty,muddy,dusty,caked in dried blood or whatever looking like a girl is the last thing on my mind.Plus my baggy shorts are weighing me down.Really????I sort of hope they are being tongue in cheek.

https://www.shebeest.com/collections/mountain/products/wild-west-skinny-americano-short-flamingo

Hah. Every single one of my mountain biking shorts are baggy men's shorts. I actually like the look ...

altagirl

Staff member
Bulky chamois is a discomfort thing though, but presumably annoying to any gender!

I've never had a chamois so bulky it was an appearance issue, just a weird, feeling like you're wearing a diaper issue.

But I can see how bike chamois can be gender specific though. Like bike saddles, many women have wider sit bones and therefore the padding should be spaced appropriately, and I believe the men's version chamois often comes up higher in front for coverage purposes... Not that I haven't had men's bike shorts that fit just fine but there's at least an attempt at making the shapes different. Maybe not necessary, but at least it passes my logic test.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

newboots

Angel Diva

Not to mention, these are seriously ugly. Especially with the black and white top!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not to mention, these are seriously ugly. Especially with the black and white top!
God, that is ugly. Honestly, cross-country/trail MTB doesn't require special clothing beyond the chamois and your shoes. I get a lot of my synthetic outdoor clothing at thrift shops or TJ Maxx, etc. It saves money for bikes and parts. Plus, if I had to wear a tight-fitting cycling jersey to ride my bike, I would never leave the house. (How aerodynamic do you need to be on an afternoon club ride??)

Pro tip: my FAVORITE mountain bike shorts are the Race Face Piper. They are baggy, stretchy, have big pockets (rare in women's clothing. Maybe carrying useful things in unfeminine?) and they have BELT LOOPS. I'm not sure they still make them, but the are avail. new on ebay.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I find it odd that certain ski manufacturers label skis as "women's" and "unisex"; opposed to "women's and men's" or just all of them as "skis". As a female that is very comfortable purchasing the "men's" version of something if I like the color, style, or size better...I just don't get it.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I find it odd that certain ski manufacturers label skis as "women's" and "unisex"; opposed to "women's and men's" or just all of them as "skis". As a female that is very comfortable purchasing the "men's" version of something if I like the color, style, or size better...I just don't get it.

Yeah, we've talked about this a lot. Here's an 11-page thread on the subject.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pro tip: my FAVORITE mountain bike shorts are the Race Face Piper. They are baggy, stretchy, have big pockets (rare in women's clothing. Maybe carrying useful things in unfeminine?) and they have BELT LOOPS. I'm not sure they still make them, but the are avail. new on ebay.

See, this is why I just buy men's baggies. They are truly baggy, long enough to protect your upper leg from trail rash, have plenty of pockets, and have belt loops.

My favorite pair is by a company that went out of business =/

altagirl

Staff member
I adore Shredly shorts, but still need to take in the waist to get them to fit right, even thigh they are womens specific. (As with many things! ) We're not all built the same.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At a slight tangent to the original topic -

I went to Office Depot for a business card holder - something small that I could keep in my purse. The one thing they normally carried was sold out, so the saleswoman showed me to something else. It was a little sleeve thing that could work for business cards, accompanied by a heart shaped key chain. It's an Office Depot line of products:

See Jane Work.

ARE YOU F!@#!@#!@ serious??

$15 for that piece of ... work. I commented on the price, and the saleswoman said, "Well, that's because it's for women" with an annoyed expression that matched my own. We were neither of us amused.

Anyway, I asked if they just had some sort of pouch, and I got a plastic pouch of about the right shape for a whopping 99 cents. That works. (I do believe the two colors were blue and pink .. but whatever. I got blue to match my cards.)

newboots

Angel Diva
See Jane Work.

ARE YOU F!@#!@#!@ serious??

$15 for that piece of ... work. I commented on the price, and the saleswoman said, "Well, that's because it's for women" with an annoyed expression that matched my own. We were neither of us amused.

Oh, well that's okay then. For it to cost more. And it's just up our alley, we women who work. Blech.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
ok don't shoot me but I always used to buy Shebeest cycle clothing.....the cutest tops and still have black capri length bike pants that are Shebeest.
I like the shorts but not in pink.... I'm tiny and super baggy mountain bike shorts look silly on me... But I just ordered on Amazon these:

https://www.amazon.com/DuShow-Comfo...57&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=dushow+womens&th=1

I can wear any shorts over these!

newboots

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier No judgment! I was just reacting to the pink printed shorts, high-contrast large print black and white shirt, and checkerboard black and white gloves.

Those underthings look seriously helpful!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna