• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Items labelled "unisex" or gendered that crack you up

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just ran across this: https://smile.amazon.com/Dakine-110V-Adjustable-Tuning-Green/dp/B00LHEXWW6/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_3

It's a unisex ski waxing iron! Well, goodness, wouldn't want to be confused about that, would we?

This reminds me of the ice saw I found a couple of years ago at REI - also labelled unisex.

What items have you found where the label "unisex" seemed out of place/redundant, or where an item was labeled men's or women's for no apparent reason? (Leaving actual skis out of it ...)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that one!
That is derned funny, though.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw a pink toolbox with pink handles on the tools. It cost about 25% more than the man's version with the exact same tools sitting next to it.

We were laughing about it, but a car sales woman told us the reason she has a pink floral handle screwdriver. No man in the showroom wants to borrow (and not return) her girly tools.

newboots

Angel Diva
Here's another from Dakine (sorry sideways):

IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think maybe it's mostly Dakine ... what is up with that?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't decide whether I think this one is ridiculous or not. A woman-specific wrist brace.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000GHG3RG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

"Designed to fit women - sleek, slimfit design fits under women's clothing"

I've also seen woman-specific ear plugs. Not sure. Supposedly slimmer. Also BRIGHT PINK, so there's that. At least the wrist brace is white.

skibetty

Certified Ski Diva
It could also go the other way.....I have been told that the womans fit is no different than the mens, just comes in a different color! Oh contraire ....so happy that companies have finally figured that one is so not true!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It could also go the other way.....I have been told that the womans fit is no different than the mens, just comes in a different color! Oh contraire ....so happy that companies have finally figured that one is so not true!!

Hah! Well, depends. I have had a heck of a time finding AT boots that don't kill my feet - this is the opposite of how it's supposed to be - and found a good lead. I had my fitter call the company to ask about the differences between the men's and women's boots. Nada. Just color. Men's are neon yellow and black. Women's are black and neon pink.

Same was true for my Sick Day 110s - they were identical to the Pandoras, except for lengths available (172 is where they overlapped) and possibly recommended binding mount location.

mustski

Angel Diva
I saw a pink toolbox with pink handles on the tools. It cost about 25% more than the man's version with the exact same tools sitting next to it.

We were laughing about it, but a car sales woman told us the reason she has a pink floral handle screwdriver. No man in the showroom wants to borrow (and not return) her girly tools.
I had a set of pink tools for years for the same reason. The. custodians used to borrow mine and forget to return them. I always got the pink ones back.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
G3 Spadetech avalanche shovels come in "women's" and "unisex".

The women's version talks about all the women-specific designs, but it is identical to the unisex version. Absolutely identical. At least it's orange, instead of pink and such.

https://us-store.genuineguidegear.com/products/spadetech-elle
https://us-store.genuineguidegear.com/products/spadetech-shovel

Okay, that takes the cake. Claiming what I quoted below, but it's identical. And something about the quote below makes me scratch my head, too.

The compact design fits easily into a women’s proportionally smaller pack. The reduced size of the blade allows women to move snow with technique rather than brute strength.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

So, I have two thoughts on this.

One, sure, men and women probably prefer to smell different.

Two, yeah, but, why do they need to be scented at all? We don't have scented toilet paper!

And I'm sure you've all read about how all the "flushable" wipes out there are wreaking havoc on plumbing systems, anyway ...

newboots

Angel Diva
These wipes seem to be the latest rage. If I were buying and had to choose, I'd go with cedar! But strongly preferring no scent. One less chemical to find out I'm sensitive to!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These wipes seem to be the latest rage. If I were buying and had to choose, I'd go with cedar! But strongly preferring no scent. One less chemical to find out I'm sensitive to!

That's the last place I want to put something to find out if I have a sensitivity!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna