• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Italy June 2010 - San Benedetto del Tronto

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
E few pics I took during my last stay at San Benedetto del Tronto. I had to go alone as my mom broke her leg (fibia) a week before departure. Sadly the weather was also rather cool and it even rained on 2 days. Never mind I had a jolly good time there. I met my friend again (hotel staff) and I did a lot of kilometers on my MTB. The sea was too cold for swimming. I will return in September for another 2 weeks stay!! :becky::becky:

Sunrise view from my hotel room
30148_1495304263848_1271336511_1378.jpg

After the thunderstorm
30148_1495304103844_1271336511_1378.jpg

Watchtower in the old part of San Benedetto
30148_1495293383576_1271336511_1378.jpg

Trawlers waiting to be recycled
30148_1495293343575_1271336511_1378.jpg

on the beach ....
30148_1495293263573_1271336511_1378.jpg

Trawlers in the morning sun
30148_1495303783836_1271336511_1378.jpg

Sunrise ....
sunrise2.jpg

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I must say that after years of visiting San Benedetto its some sort of 2nd hometown for me. I may go there to live after I quit working in a few years. Italy is so nice and laid back .... can't live without it! :becky::D

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's too bad that your mum broke her leg. I hope she's taking it well and is on the mend.
Those few photos are cool. I really like the one with the starfish and the other fish (an anchovy??) The Marches is one area of Italy that I haven't been to yet. I hope to get there sometime, combining it with a jaunt up the Dalmation Coast.
The weather, well, it's been strange everywhere. When I was in Italy and Paris in May, it was raining and very unseasonably cold. For Paris, it was the coldest May on record. Like, you, the weather didn't prevent me from enjoying my vacation.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MissyD, you take the BEST photos.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks a lot girls!!!! Moms leg is getting better. Cast should be off in 2-3 weeks. I already made a reservation at the same hotel for September. You're right its an anchovis. It must have been anchovis season as nearly all trawlers came back with a lot of crates filled with anchovis.
The Marches are a very nice place to stay and the Abruzzo nearby is nice too. Sea and Mountain holidays I call it. Swimming in the sea in the morning and hiking the mountains in the afternoon .... brilliant. Its also very nice to explore the country side by MTB.
I hope next time I can take even better pictures for you ... ;-)

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Missyd..
I'll be in Italy in September, as well! Only, we're going to Sardinia for a couple weeks. My DH has family there, AND, we have a place to stay gratis, so it should be nice. Been b4, but too short a visit!
How are the crowds in September, in general?

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Missyd..
I'll be in Italy in September, as well! Only, we're going to Sardinia for a couple weeks. My DH has family there, AND, we have a place to stay gratis, so it should be nice. Been b4, but too short a visit!
How are the crowds in September, in general?

Wonderful! Sardinia is very nice. Have some friends there but I never visited it myself. Nice if you can stay gratis ... hotels are soo expensive! Specially if they are on the beach.
September is not as crowded as august or July. Italian summer holidays finish on the weekend of the 5th of September ... so it will have a lot less people!!! 2 years ago I arrived at the last weekend of the italian summer holidays .... sat/sun the beachfront and beach was very crowded but monday it was empty!!! :becky::becky:

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks a lot ladies!!!! I try my best to take good pictures for you!!! More can be seen on my facebook album .... search for Danielle Forster .... user picture shows me in a bikini top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna