• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is there a trail map for The Ski Diva forums?

misfitgirl

Angel Diva
I love reading these forums and learn so much, but sometimes am left wondering where to go to find things. For example, I'd be interested in meeting up with other New England skiers but am not sure if there is a place where people connect to do so here on the forums. And sometimes I duck into a forum thinking it is going to be one thing and it turns out to be something different. I'll keep looking around and totally understand that part of keeping this such a great community is keeping things loose and not getting too rigid about what to post where. Just thought I would ask in case I am missing something obvious (like when I spend ten minutes looking for my keys and they're in my hand.:wink:)

If there is no trail map, I'd be happy to work with someone to create one (and pay forward some of the help I've received from this place!)

Jilly

Staff member
@misfitgirl , if you click on the title of the forum, you will see in smaller text under the heading the general topic of the forum. It would be up the Ski Diva if this is needed. But I'm thinking since we've been around for over 10 years, this hasn't been a problem.

newboots

Angel Diva
You can also use the search function, which is pretty good. I usually know what I'm looking for (generally an old thread) but can't figure out how to find it, and the search works well for that.

Since you have 25 posts (I think that's the number), you should now be able to see the Divas Only section, where we have Meet on the Hill threads. (A bunch of the threads are about Diva East and Diva West, but there are other threads further down.)

MissySki

Angel Diva
@misfitgirl we have diva east coming up at Sunday River in March. I’m also there almost every weekend if you are ever up that way and want to make some turns!

misfitgirl

Angel Diva
Howdy @MissySki - yup just put it on the calendar today and planning to make it. Wee Shawnee Peak is right up the road from me and SR is less than an hour away so I would love to meet up! I read your message about finding ski buddies in another thread/place and thought, hmmmm, I should hit her up for some turns! Doing research on a trip to Tahoe in March but connect later? So psyched to meet you!

misfitgirl

Angel Diva
You can also use the search function, which is pretty good. I usually know what I'm looking for (generally an old thread) but can't figure out how to find it, and the search works well for that.

Since you have 25 posts (I think that's the number), you should now be able to see the Divas Only section, where we have Meet on the Hill threads. (A bunch of the threads are about Diva East and Diva West, but there are other threads further down.)

Thanks so much @newboots! Yes, just unlocked all the rich juicy goodness after hitting 25 messages and finding so much more to explore. PM'd you about SDE - very excited to meet up with all the lovely chix on stix in March!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Howdy @MissySki - yup just put it on the calendar today and planning to make it. Wee Shawnee Peak is right up the road from me and SR is less than an hour away so I would love to meet up! I read your message about finding ski buddies in another thread/place and thought, hmmmm, I should hit her up for some turns! Doing research on a trip to Tahoe in March but connect later? So psyched to meet you!

Sounds great, I look forward to it!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I love reading these forums and learn so much, but sometimes am left wondering where to go to find things. For example, I'd be interested in meeting up with other New England skiers but am not sure if there is a place where people connect to do so here on the forums. And sometimes I duck into a forum thinking it is going to be one thing and it turns out to be something different. I'll keep looking around and totally understand that part of keeping this such a great community is keeping things loose and not getting too rigid about what to post where. Just thought I would ask in case I am missing something obvious (like when I spend ten minutes looking for my keys and they're in my hand.:wink:)
How do you usually check in? For most online forums, looking at New Posts is the easiest way to get a feel for which sections are most active. General Skiing can include anything related to skiing. Ski Gear is not only about skis and boots, but also accessories like face masks or gloves. Travel or ski area info can end up in a number of places but Resorts, Conditions & Travel is a good place to start, as well as Trip Reports.

While the Search function can be helpful, I often end up searching using a Google directed search. That means using a colon. For example "skiing clinic alta: theskidiva" for looking for info about ski camps at Alta.

As for connecting to Divas for a few runs, there are some ongoing regional and resort threads every season. For New England there is one for NH/MA, Loon, and Stowe this season.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/ma-nh-skiing-2019-20.24012/

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
As a lurker, I sense I am missing out on a lot of content. My home mountain is Sunday River, but I don't even know the date of SDE in March!?!? What's a girl to do?

marzNC

Angel Diva
As a lurker, I sense I am missing out on a lot of content. My home mountain is Sunday River, but I don't even know the date of SDE in March!?!? What's a girl to do?
Did you start a Getting to Know You thread? That's one way to quickly get in enough posts to see the planning threads for Diva West and Diva East. Not every post has to add content to a discussion. Diva West is happening this week at Jackson Hole, Diva East is in early March at Sunday River. Public discussion of Diva gatherings tends to happen during the summer and early fall.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/diva-east-2020-will-be-at-sunday-river.23824/

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
Did you start a Getting to Know You thread? That's one way to quickly get in enough posts to see the planning threads for Diva West and Diva East. Not every post has to add content to a discussion. Diva West is happening this week at Jackson Hole, Diva East is in early March at Sunday River. Public discussion of Diva gatherings tends to happen during the summer and early fall.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/diva-east-2020-will-be-at-sunday-river.23824/
Great suggestion. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly