• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is it Sally Christmas?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I was just minding my business riding my bike around the mountain when I rode past a timing shack and saw a bunch of snowboards and skis all stored under the porch.

2018-06-27 14.51.41.jpg

They all look like they could use a major tune. Base clean, wax, deburring, maybe even....dare I say it?

Ok I'll say it!

P-tex repair.

So I contacted the head of the nonprofit that runs the place and asked if perchance they needed someone to take care of those poor boards. You know, someone who LOVES waxing and tuning skis and happens to have all the tools along with lots of time on her hands at the moment? Someone with a fridge full of beer and a backlog of podcasts to catch up on?

A decision is pending early next week, when I will meet (for other reasons) with the person responsible for the equipment.

Can you imagine how happy I would be to have a giant pile of skis and boards that need tuning at my disposal? Like a five year-old on Christmas morning, only if the five-year old were allowed to drink locally-brewed IPAs.

My god, if this pans out it will be the ultimate sign that wrecking my career and moving to the mountain was the absolute, beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt correct life choice.

I need your thoughts and prayers, Divas.

Thoughts and prayers.

:becky:

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cool!
I like tuning skis. Its kinda therapeutic in a way. So I understand you wanting to care for those tired sad souls.
In slightly related news on my job today I passed by a garbage can with 3 pairs of old skis in it. I'm highly considering going back tomorrow and rescuing them

newboots

Angel Diva
How nice of the Goddess of Unwanted Snowboards has given you a gift!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cool!
I like tuning skis. Its kinda therapeutic in a way. So I understand you wanting to care for those tired sad souls.
In slightly related news on my job today I passed by a garbage can with 3 pairs of old skis in it. I'm highly considering going back tomorrow and rescuing them

Did you end up rescuing them?

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, sadly I was too late. When I returned the next morning they were gone. Im hoping its that someone else rescued them before the garbage truck came

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The gifts keep coming; today I got to be a chairlift operator! I used to ski up to the chair loading area and glance longingly at the lifties thinking "those guys don't have to grade student essays all night tonight. I want that job." It was fun and easy, which is my criteria for anything I consider doing these days. Also to be fair, it was warm, because it was at a bike park. Still: no grading!

2018-08-19 11.22.49.jpg

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Talked the nonprofit into letting me have some space for a tuning bench while I work on the kids’ skis. Mostly knocking off rust and cleaning up the bases. I got to meet all the kids yesterday when they came to get their equipment fitted. It was adorable chaos!
D71B0FFF-2695-4EE1-91C9-0FC7B1147B1B.png1DF94CE6-BDD5-48DF-B6ED-E47DB6766AC6.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna