• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is Friday the new Saturday?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One of the reasons I've been so anxious to get my skill level up to the point where I can ski ungroomed terrain more comfortably is so that I can avoid resorts on weekends and holidays and skin-to-ski instead.

MissySki

Angel Diva
One of the reasons I've been so anxious to get my skill level up to the point where I can ski ungroomed terrain more comfortably is so that I can avoid resorts on weekends and holidays and skin-to-ski instead.

I find that if I stick to bump runs, and especially tree runs on the busiest of days, I’m still alone most of the time on resort. Skiing solo also keeps lift waits to a minimum in the singles line.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I live in a beach resort area, and it used to be we dreaded Friday afternoon to Sunday night because of the traffic and influx of tourists. Thursday afternoon-evening is now our worst traffic day of the week, and Monday morning is not much better. I think, because so many can do their work via computer rather than a physical presence in an office, this trend will only get worse. I also work a 4 day week, and may switch my day off to Monday next winter if you think there is that big a difference in the crowds.

Jilly

Staff member
Our local radio station (yeah, I still listen to radio) does a spot every morning about 7:50 with an out of town Hollywood sort. On Thursdays, the announcer will call it Friday eve, not Thursday.

My office/shop cuts out early on Friday's. Not just in the summer, all year. If the local bump was bigger, I'd probably go out for a few runs. Bu it's not, so I do groceries.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I also work a 4 day week, and may switch my day off to Monday next winter if you think there is that big a difference in the crowds.
Based on my observations where I've been skiing this season, Mondays are far less crowded than Fridays. The local seniors with season passes in the northeast I've talked to are skiing Mon-Thu. Even on holiday Mondays, Massanutten doesn't charge holiday rates because people are packing up and doing something else on resort besides hitting the slopes before they head home. Monday nights have major specials to encourage locals to come out.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sundays are less crowded than Saturdays in the southeast. Perhaps because locals who aren't retired and have season passes only ski on Saturdays to leave Sundays for church and other activities. The ski areas are in more rural parts of NC/WV/VA where a lot of people attend church regularly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly