• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Intuition Liners - Your Experience Wanted

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I brought my boots into my trusted boot fitter last night for a check up. They pulled out the liners, and one was pretty beat up. They suggested I get Intuition liners. I’m open to doing this, however, I’m only here for another 4.5 days and want to know others’ experience specific to break in period. Perhaps I should carry on until next season. Is there anything to be concerned about?

A little background; I don’t have many ski days as I live in the southeast. I’ll ski an additional 7-8 days before my season ends and those days are not near my trusted boot fitter. I’m not in any pain, and can continue to ski with current liners without issue, although I’ve noticed I feel more ankle sensitivity in the boot where almost packed out liner is.

So the question is, what was your experience with new Intuition liners? How long did it take to feel comfortable?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I brought my boots into my trusted boot fitter last night for a check up. They pulled out the liners, and one was pretty beat up. They suggested I get Intuition liners. I’m open to doing this, however, I’m only here for another 4.5 days and want to know others’ experience specific to break in period. Perhaps I should carry on until next season. Is there anything to be concerned about?

A little background; I don’t have many ski days as I live in the southeast. I’ll ski an additional 7-8 days before my season ends and those days are not near my trusted boot fitter. I’m not in any pain, and can continue to ski with current liners without issue, although I’ve noticed I feel more ankle sensitivity in the boot where almost packed out liner is.

So the question is, what was your experience with new Intuition liners? How long did it take to feel comfortable?

I've had them twice now in two separate pairs of boots and never really noticed any discomfort due to the liner. Only discomfort I had initially with the 2nd set of liners was related to the boots/shells they were in.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I bought Intuition liners for my previous pair of boots during a stay at Alta Lodge a while back. Probably skied them only 3-4 days after they were molded. It was obvious after the second day that nothing more needed to be done. I got the PowerWrap version.

This season I had those Intuition liners re-molded for my current boots. I'd moved from 4-buckle boots to 3-buckle boots, same brand. I've used my current boots for a few seasons so the heat-moldable liners they came with were pretty packed out. The re-molding was done at Freestyle of Charlottesville in early Jan when I was staying at Massanutten (an hour away). After one ski day, it was clear that one ankle bone needed a tweak. Have always had an issue with that hot spot. I stopped by Freestyle on the way home and they did something to the liner. When I was at Taos, I ended up getting the shell bumped out a little at that spot, which had been done before but wasn't quite enough with the stiffer Intuition liner.

Have since skied 10+ days out west and I'm all set.

Note that the Intuition liners are taller than the original liners on my relatively short boots. Had to re-learn how to get in and out of the boots. Also made the boots stiffer, but that was appropriate because I'm a stronger skier than I was when I bought the boots.

My ski buddy Bill added Intuition liners when we were at Jackson Hole. He bought the boots at another destination resort when his ancient boots cracked. He needed tweaks for the boots over the first couple seasons, but I don't remember him having anything extra done to the liners.

In your situation, could go either way. Get new liners now or wait until the next time you are at Big Sky and get the new liners at the beginning of the trip.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have Intuition Liners and love them. I think they make my boots more comfortable and warmer, as well as easier to get in and out of. Highly recommend!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have them in my AT boot, I did not heat mold the liner as I need the volume, instead have just been skiing in them, no breaking in issues, and certainly warmer than my alpine boot.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Have also had a good experience in intuition liners shortly after molding. They are great for me still after 2 years of regular use...!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update: Thanking everyone who responded. Your posts made me comfortable enough to get the Intuition liners and I got about 5 days in them without issue. No problems adapting, no hot spots. I’d say the investment was definitely worth it.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Intuition Liners and love them. I think they make my boots more comfortable and warmer, as well as easier to get in and out of. Highly recommend!

Agreed! What a tremendous difference the Intuition liners have made getting in and out of my boots! I would’ve never believed it before this upgrade.

My LangeRX boots are not easy to get into. I resorted to buying a “ski boot horn” and it became such a hot item, eventually I bought one for every member of the family because they were, for all legal purposes, stealing my horn! If anyone’s struggling with putting on boots, may I suggest this fancy plastic thingy.

603024EB-7330-49C0-A113-DE00B9FA095C.jpeg

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use that boot horn all the time! Since replacing my Chakras---had the Intuition liners--I must use it to gain entry into my new four-buckle boots.:frown:. It's a day saver for sure!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly